how to remove rear H emblem on 16 Touring sedan ??

elykoj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
Country flag
Can someone verify how to remove the rear H emblem, does the trunk panel have to be removed to get to any pins or clips that are holding it on ? Easy to get to?
Sponsored

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
You can use mouth floss to “cut” the adhesive on the emblem. You don’t need to remove nothing. Having done this on probably 8 Hondas/acuras over the years. Any major removal of trim and etc is not likely to be needed.

honestly, YouTube this. There are plenty of videos for this.

OP
OP

elykoj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
Country flag
this is not correct, the rear H emblem is not only held on by adhesive

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag

You obviously don’t know how to search.

And having done this on about 8 different cars over the years, I am well aware of how Hondas work with emblems. Yes, there are 2 “clips” that are used for centering. But they don’t stop you from simply getting enough space and room under it then PULLing the emblem off once you cut into the emblem adhesive. Go ahead and scratch up your car with a screwdriver.

OP
OP

elykoj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
Country flag
I am removing this to install an LED H emblem, looks like i can run the wore throught the hole where the clips were?? and where and how do i get to the license plate light wires to tie it in? easy or difficult to get to from there?

vtecr

First Name
FK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7 GT-Spec Daily, EP3 Type-R, EP1 Project, EU7 Beater (+ others I care less about...)
Country flag
I am removing this to install an LED H emblem, looks like i can run the wore throught the hole where the clips were?? and where and how do i get to the license plate light wires to tie it in? easy or difficult to get to from there?
You can pry the original badge off while applying heat. Once it's off you'll have some cleanup to do, as there's a load of sticky adhiesive tape left behind.

You can pop out the licence plate lights from below to access the wiring. Do your connections while the plate light is hanging down, then just tuck it all back away nice and neat.

OP
OP

elykoj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
Country flag
So after I stick the LED emblem wire in through the hole , you are saying I should be able to locate it where I popped the license plate light out? The emblem has a ground too so where should I connect that wire to?

OP
OP

elykoj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
Country flag
You can pry the original badge off while applying heat. Once it's off you'll have some cleanup to do, as there's a load of sticky adhiesive tape left behind.

You can pop out the licence plate lights from below to access the wiring. Do your connections while the plate light is hanging down, then just tuck it all back away nice and neat.
can you help on this? once i get the old emblem off, can i fish the led emblem wire through that peg hole? and then how do i get to the wiring to splice it in? is it accessable from the trunk lid if i pop the lining off? gonna try this myself so trying to find exacly the process before i get it torn apart. thanks

vtecr

First Name
FK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7 GT-Spec Daily, EP3 Type-R, EP1 Project, EU7 Beater (+ others I care less about...)
Country flag
can you help on this? once i get the old emblem off, can i fish the led emblem wire through that peg hole? and then how do i get to the wiring to splice it in? is it accessable from the trunk lid if i pop the lining off? gonna try this myself so trying to find exacly the process before i get it torn apart. thanks
Yes, you can even drill it out a bit larger if required. There's plenty of room to play with.

OP
OP

elykoj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
Country flag
Yes, you can even drill it out a bit larger if required. There's plenty of room to play with.
would i need to apply anything to the hole if i did have to drill it out larger? to prevent it from rusting eventually

vtecr

First Name
FK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
would i need to apply anything to the hole if i did have to drill it out larger? to prevent it from rusting eventually
Well, it's plastic so it's not going to rust. You can just add a little silicone to prevent any water getting in.