How to remove rear bench?

meccha91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX
Hello everyone. I just bought a set of custom made seat cover. The cover requires rear bench to be removed to be fully installed. Anyone knows how the rear bench is removed? I have the EX trim. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hello everyone. I just bought a set of custom made seat cover. The cover requires rear bench to be removed to be fully installed. Anyone knows how the rear bench is removed? I have the EX trim. Thanks in advance!
Another member posted a tutorial on the rear seat and rear deck removal. looks pretty straight forward.

OP
OP

meccha91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX
Another member posted a tutorial on the rear seat and rear deck removal. looks pretty straight forward.
Thanks, I am not the targeted audience for the video, but it works!

dandOy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic ex-t, 2009 civic ex-L, rsx type-s
Country flag

hi do you have any pictures of your custom seat cover? i'm planning to get one too, but i wanted to make sure that the fit is perfect.
also a link to where you bought your custom seat cover would be greatly appriciated

OP
OP

meccha91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX
hi do you have any pictures of your custom seat cover? i'm planning to get one too, but i wanted to make sure that the fit is perfect.
also a link to where you bought your custom seat cover would be greatly appriciated
I got it from Coverking through Costco. The fit is good. You can check out these two quick shots that I took. Obviously I still didn't do the rear bench part... lol

Here's the link.
https://www.costco.com/Coverking-Cu...aterials-To-Choose-From.product.11618905.html

I got the veloci-vent material.

Honda Civic 10th gen How to remove rear bench? IMG_20170123_082712

Honda Civic 10th gen How to remove rear bench? IMG_20170123_082723

shadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 STI, 15 CRV, 16 Civic RS Turbo, 18 Civic Type R
Country flag
Just in case you still need the info, stick your fingers where the bench meets the carpet. You will feel where the bench anchors to the frame. There is a plastic ring around that area. Push the seat down a bit, pull the ring forward, then the seat upwards.

There is one on each side.

sjnibbe

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe LX Black, 2017 Civic Sedan EX-L Grey
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I got it from Coverking through Costco. The fit is good. You can check out these two quick shots that I took. Obviously I still didn't do the rear bench part... lol

Here's the link.
https://www.costco.com/Coverking-Cu...aterials-To-Choose-From.product.11618905.html

I got the veloci-vent material.

IMG_20170123_082712.jpg

IMG_20170123_082723.jpg
I gotta be honest those look aweful I've seen a lot of back and forth on coverkings and for the price I decided to make my own. These are the first things I ever sewed so they aren't perfect but I like them much more than any coverkings I've seen anywhere.

Honda Civic 10th gen How to remove rear bench? 20181212_132056
Sponsored