How to put the front license plate up whithout drilling holes and doesn't want it show all the time

helixgt

First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda
Hello Member ,
Just got my new civic hatchback without holes drill in the front yet.
I have seen some retractable license plate y Atec? but worry about the quality .There are manual retractable too.
Has any one come across a better solution /product .I am even thinking 3m velco if they will stay at 80mph .
Thanks
Sponsored

ilovemycar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Cosmic Blue EX Turbo, 96 Accord EX
Country flag
Hello Member ,
I have seen some retractable license plate y Atec? but worry about the quality .There are manual retractable too.
Has any one come across a better solution /product .I am even thinking 3m velco if they will stay at 80mph .
Thanks
I told my dealer not to drill the holes and I never put the front plate on.

Blindeye_03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CTR - White
Country flag
Why dont you want it to be permanently attached if its required where you live? - serious question

On my Fiesta ST the holes are drilled into the bumper and the front plate holder is riveted into place before it leaves the factory. Some idiot installed it upside down, making it cover up the middle of the intercooler. After drilling the rivets out I painted some bumper plugs (plastic trim clips) and installed those into the holes. That made the front end so much nicer since I didnt need a front plate in Georgia or Kentucky.

Do we have tow hooks that screw into the frontend somewhere? I used to see some cars mount their front plates that way..

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hello Member ,
Thanks
if you want to put in the effort, you can always use neodymium magnets like the video below. these magnets are extremly strong

Ataricade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Move to a different state that doesn’t require it is my suggestion because it’s idiotic. I am annoyed by the dimples that are present on the bumper cover.

Dying2Live

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LX Sedan Manual
Country flag
in california I believe it’s only a 10 dollar fix it ticket so i just leave it off

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Country flag
Hello Member ,
Thanks

Sponsored