sosoye

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R, S2000, Turbo Miata
Country flag
Did your flashpro itself update to 150? Also did you click the tab that says alternate pairing for 2018 civics? Unplug and then replug as instructed once you clicked it?
The Flashpro itself was updated too.
I had missed the "alternative pairing mode" under Bluetooth :doh:.
Thank you for your help:bow:
Sponsored

high718

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type R, 10 Acura TSX, 16 Yamaha R1
Country flag
The Flashpro itself was updated too.
I had missed the "alternative pairing mode" under Bluetooth :doh:.
Thank you for your help:bow:
no problem you should be squared away after you do that

Blayzejlm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatch Sport Touring
Country flag
So will this all work on a 18 Sport Touring CVT??

Back2Honda

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2004 Subaru Wrx STI, 2004 Infinity G35
Country flag
Tried it on my 2018 CTR after tapping all the buttons in the correct series it never enabled developer mode. Can anyone help? When I tapping build number 8 times it did do the count down to developer mode. It just never displayed enabled.

CHiNG818

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
After enabling developer mode it says to hold down the physical brightness button and two other buttons at the same time. I have a 2019 ctr and I'm stuck here. Is there another sequence of buttons to push? To get into developer mode the passcode was different for the newer type r's. I'm wondering if this is the case for this step. Any help?

lorenkb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
After enabling developer mode it says to hold down the physical brightness button and two other buttons at the same time. I have a 2019 ctr and I'm stuck here. Is there another sequence of buttons to push? To get into developer mode the passcode was different for the newer type r's. I'm wondering if this is the case for this step. Any help?
I gave up trying to enter developer mode on the 19 manually. Spent way too much time trying to find where (or if) the passcode was ever determined.

Easy alternative is to throw a few bucks at Honda Hack: http://www.autohack.org/

Both Basic and Pro versions are an automated browser based unlock, so you don't need the manual passcode. Getting to the browser in 19 models is simple:

Last edited:

Linwozzle

First Name
Linden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CBP CTR, 05 Lotus Elise, 94 Miata
Country flag
Anyone with any issues getting any knock readings (count, level, retard) to show on the head unit via the app? It is the bottom row last display, shows up as none () for any knock readings. This is a 2019, volume knob and I've also posted on the Hondata forums.

I have a 2019 Type R with Flex Fuel and not able to show any knock information (retard, count, level) via the rooted head unit. I am using FlashPro Manager 3.3.9.0 with FlashPro being updated to the new firmware after connecting, FlashPro is also enabled for alternative pairing mode for head unit 2018+ Civic via FlashPro Manager. The Hondata Mobile Android (Dash) app .apk was downloaded via FlashPro Manager. Trying to show any knock values (retard, count, level) on any analog displays show up at None (). See attached for photos, none is shown on bottom row 4th display
Honda Civic 10th gen How to put Hondata Mobile on your Type R radio/navi 20190606_083106

Honda Civic 10th gen How to put Hondata Mobile on your Type R radio/navi 20190606_082750

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyone with any issues getting any knock readings (count, level, retard) to show on the head unit via the app? It is the bottom row last display, shows up as none () for any knock readings. This is a 2019, volume knob and I've also posted on the Hondata forums.

20190606_083106.jpg

20190606_082750.jpg
I can't remember for the life of me, but this ECU doesn't count knock right? thought I remember seeing that posted somewhere

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag

20190606_083106.jpg

20190606_082750.jpg
the values would be worthless anyways. You need to look at individual cylinder retard on this car.

ostudent

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
In the video it shows it stays connected. I am doing that too but it says failed on the hack tool on my laptop. I will try another laptop tomorrow and see if it is still a problem.
have to found out how to fix I have same issue as your, after change to device the status change to disconnected

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R, 2007 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I'm about to lose my shit. Trying to change the USB device mode and run the root. I got to the 2 white boxes before, but honda hack didn't work. Go out to give it another go after I turn off all antivirus and firewalls, pressing brightness, phone, audio/volume buttons (2019 Type R) all at once won't work anymore. I just spent close to an hour repeatedly pressing the required buttons in the developer screen. All at once, in different orders.... nothing. This is horse shit.

FK7_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan, 2015 Acura MDX Elite
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
have to found out how to fix I have same issue as your, after change to device the status change to disconnected
Yes it turned out I needed to buy the USB cord that Hondata recommends for it. The ones I were using had issues I guess. So that was my solution, dumb I know.

ostudent

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Yes it turned out I needed to buy the USB cord that Hondata recommends for it. The ones I were using had issues I guess. So that was my solution, dumb I know.
I end up went the other way, I pay $25 For Honda hack lol

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm about to lose my shit. Trying to change the USB device mode and run the root. I got to the 2 white boxes before, but honda hack didn't work. Go out to give it another go after I turn off all antivirus and firewalls, pressing brightness, phone, audio/volume buttons (2019 Type R) all at once won't work anymore. I just spent close to an hour repeatedly pressing the required buttons in the developer screen. All at once, in different orders.... nothing. This is horse shit.
This what I'm worried of...doubt I'll ever try this. Hope you work this out
Sponsored