How to prioritize phones in Civic.

nielboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 BMW 435i X-Drive
Country flag
When pairing cell phones in the Civic, is there a way to prioritize which one will connect if both of us are in the car?

She wants hers to be the one to connect as she uses her phone far more than I do.

It doesn't seem to be based on which phone is paired first because mine was second but appears first in the list.

It doesn't appear to be alphabetical because I'm a "J" & she's an "F".
Sponsored

Gavnzdad

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The only thing you can do is temporarily disable the Bluetooth on the phone you don't want to pair. Or just only have your phone paired to your car, Same for hers and her car.

OP
OP

nielboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 BMW 435i X-Drive
Country flag
The only thing you can do is temporarily disable the Bluetooth on the phone you don't want to pair. Or just only have your phone paired to your car, Same for hers and her car.
Thanks for the info.....I drive her car too sometimes without her there so I need to be paired as well.

In most cars I've owned with Bluetooth, there's always been a box to check in the Bluetooth settings to make one phone the priority over the other. I'm baffled that this is missing on the Civic.

Gavnzdad

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the info.....I drive her car too sometimes without her there so I need to be paired as well.

In most cars I've owned with Bluetooth, there's always been a box to check in the Bluetooth settings to make one phone the priority over the other. I'm baffled that this is missing on the Civic.
I forgot to mention, that is how it is with my LX. I assume that's how it is on all trims, but I might be wrong.

Ultrafrozen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gavnzdad
I'm not sure about priority but there is a setting screen that allows you to chose which phone is to be paired for "phone" and which is to be paired for "music". I'll have to look again to verify if there is a priority setting.
Sponsored