How to open rear hatch remotely?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport
Country flag
I have a 2020 Civic Sport hatchback, and I can't figure out how to open the hatch without actually getting out and walking around to the back of the car and opening it that way. There is no button to open it on the inside of the car, and the hatch button on my fob does nothing that I can see. The fob works, all the other buttons and functions work, just that button seems to do nothing.

Anybody know a trick, or is the only way to open the hatch really to walk around and open it by hand?
Sponsored

OP
OP
SonicGrayPearl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport
Country flag
Key fob only allows you to open the hatch physically. There is no remote open feature. Odd but designed this way.
That's really strange. I ran into this issue when trying to pop the hatch for the guy at the grocery store to load up my groceries. He had to fumble around and find the release on the outside.

Thanks for the help!

xXoVrKiLLXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R ABM
Yah makes no sense to me either. Basically you click the what would normally be open button on the keyfob for the hatch, and that allows you to manually walk around back and open it physically via the button on the back. Glad I could help.

Last edited:

Velonici

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 EX Hatchback, 2004 Toyota 4Runner
Country flag
Just use the unlock button on the door. There isnt a way to open it but that unlocks it so they can.

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
The reason it doesn’t have the auto pop open feature is because the trunk/hatch is heavy.
Sponsored