First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2004 WRX STi, & 2019 Honda HRV EX
Country flag
Hey there,

Just wondering what mods would void the factory warranty? For instance, I know some common mods are to put in the PRL Cobra intake and the PRL intercooler, BBK's, upgraded Clutch, Acuity Shifter, among other things. How do these affect warranties?
Sponsored

kingbudd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Civic Si, 1994 Dodge Stealth RT/TT, 2016 Infiniti Q50, 2017 Cadillac XT5, and 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
It’s pretty simple. If the dealership can prove your aftermarket part caused the failure your warranty for that component or effected components are not covered. For example, you buy a tuner and blow the engine, your warranty won’t cover your engine. However, you buy a intake and your head unit breaks, your warranty covers the head unit. People make it more complicated then it is; do some research, find the best part, but if you mod your car, don’t expect it never to break.

H3llsp4wn707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 wrx
Country flag
Hey there,

Just wondering what mods would void the factory warranty? For instance, I know some common mods are to put in the PRL Cobra intake and the PRL intercooler, BBK's, upgraded Clutch, Acuity Shifter, among other things. How do these affect warranties?
Your warranty can never be voided. However, claims can be denied if you modified the part that broke.

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ridgeline RTL-E (Thanks to the CTR markups)
Country flag
To tell you the truth almost every dealer service center laugh at the "Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act". So don't rely on it. Is costly and time consuming to take a service center to court.

My best advice.
Don't want to have to deal with warranty claim denials?

Is simple, don't mod. Keep it stock.

If you still want to mod have a plan B in case your warranty claim gets denied.
Sponsored