Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Geared this blog to more beginners and entry-level enthusiast who ask the simple question. How can I make 300whp? Well its not that hard and you can do it ona stock block. Just a handful of good parts, a clutch, and some fuel and you can be there no problem. Check it out.

www.27won.com/blog/how-to-make-300hp-on-a-10th-generation-civic-l15

Drop you results below ↓↓↓↓

Honda Civic 10th gen How to make 300 Hp on your Civic FC1 exhaust system
Sponsored

Project_Dark

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
What about a sport hatch CVT variant? What's the safe limit to go upwards in performance to?
I have scoured the forums and even harassed 27Won on their Instagram page about this. There is no clear answer as to how much HP the CVT can handle. The person managing the 27Won Instagram account was confident that the W1 turbo would be fine for it. Extrapolating from that... 250-260Hp?

booost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I have scoured the forums and even harassed 27Won on their Instagram page about this. There is no clear answer as to how much HP the CVT can handle. The person managing the 27Won Instagram account was confident that the W1 turbo would be fine for it. Extrapolating from that... 250-260Hp?
This article is mainly based on an SI if you look at the parts needed (IE, the clutch)... Sure i'm certain you could do this in an EX, LX, Hatch, whatever you want but it's well documented that the CVT under that much pressure doesn't hold up. To risk your CVT for 50hp or something isn't that good, without the CVT there's 0hp. I think they answered this question in the comments on that page and suggested to stay around 250hp max.

I know 27WON does a good job at responding to things, they respond to me everytime and I harass them with a hundred questions constantly. I just think the article is intended for manual transmissions and SI's mainly. Solely my interpretation of the article and I could be incorrect.

booost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
S

Should rename title to - How to make 300hp on your NON CVt civic.
Now that's a valid one. Maybe they'll share some recipes for gaining in a CVT. Remember it's not about the total number, it's the delta (as they say in their article) so maybe if you guys hit them up they'll throw together one for CVT's. @Vlad@27WON

booost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
They don't give a fk about the cvt believe me I've tried over 20 emails with no response.
Sorry man if you did, not that I can help that but that's what this community is for too. I mean it's pretty much the same thing just when you get tuned make sure the tuner knows to keep the tq lower

Project_Dark

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
This article is mainly based on an SI if you look at the parts needed (IE, the clutch)... Sure i'm certain you could do this in an EX, LX, Hatch, whatever you want but it's well documented that the CVT under that much pressure doesn't hold up. To risk your CVT for 50hp or something isn't that good, without the CVT there's 0hp. I think they answered this question in the comments on that page and suggested to stay around 250hp max.

I know 27WON does a good job at responding to things, they respond to me everytime and I harass them with a hundred questions constantly. I just think the article is intended for manual transmissions and SI's mainly. Solely my interpretation of the article and I could be incorrect.
Yes, first of all. I must say that I love that 27Won interacts with us and answers the million questions we have.

I agree with you that, from what I have seen and read on this forum, 250HP seems to be the upper limit on what the CVT can run. There is a thread somewhere on here that documents what people are running, CVT or MT and what issues they have had. From looking through that it doesn't seem that any of the CVT users saw a significant increase in issues when pushing high HP numbers.

booost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Yes, first of all. I must say that I love that 27Won interacts with us and answers the million questions we have.

I agree with you that, from what I have seen and read on this forum, 250HP seems to be the upper limit on what the CVT can run. There is a thread somewhere on here that documents what people are running, CVT or MT and what issues they have had. From looking through that it doesn't seem that any of the CVT users saw a significant increase in issues when pushing high HP numbers.
Highly suggest going through the tuned failures thread from @gtman — last time I looked majority of the failures were CVT, non SI's going above 250hp and the failure point was the CVT. Don't quote me on it but I remember seeing that on there. Check it out, i can't find it for some reason but maybe he can link to it.

That's true I have a cvt and with all the upgrades I'm not impressed at all, now clap those same upgrades to an si or manual or an accord and its literally a sports car
Ah, ya that's the CVT version. It's just a different car but it's still a bad a** car. Keep modding! Or if you can financially swing it, grab an SI. Even cooler now that it seems like they're taking a year off from making them for the new 11th gen, so it's almost like a limited edition lol.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
With the non-Si's, yes we've had a few CVT failures but mostly from abuse. The bigger issue we're finding out is that while the non-Si sedans and coupes use the beefier Si rods, the hatchback uses the slightly weaker rods we always assumed all the non-Si's used.

This is new information verified by Eman (courtesy of CivicX member @Ap1 George):
https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/1-5t-non-si-vs-1-5t-si.60746/post-974018

5 out of 6 non-Si blown engines in the tuning surveys are hatchbacks.

As far as the upper limit of power, I don't know if there is a definitive number on the non-Si CVT's. The key if you are going for high power would be to push the torque/power curve to the right.

Check out Joshua's custom tuned CVT numbers from an older post in my community tuning thread:
302whp / 267wtq

https://www.civicx.com/forum/thread...ility-thread-for-all-models.42361/post-877482

Last edited:

booost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
With the non-Si's, yes we've had a few CVT failures but mostly from abuse. The bigger issue we're finding out is that while the non-Si sedan's and coupe use the beefier Si rods, the hatchback uses the slightly weaker rods we thought all the non-Si's use. This is new information from Eman. 5 out of 6 non-Si blown engines in my survey were hatchbacks.

As far as the upper limit of power, I don't know if there is a definitive number on the non-Si CVT's. The key if you are going for high power would be to push the torque/power curve to the right.

Check out Joshua's custom tuned CVT numbers from an older post in my community tuning thread:
302whp / 267wtq

https://www.civicx.com/forum/thread...ility-thread-for-all-models.42361/post-877482
Epic stuff @gtman thanks for all you're doing for the community analytics wise.

Vlad@27WON

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vlad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"18 Si, "18 CTR
Country flag
Now that's a valid one. Maybe they'll share some recipes for gaining in a CVT. Remember it's not about the total number, it's the delta (as they say in their article) so maybe if you guys hit them up they'll throw together one for CVT's. @Vlad@27WON
Good idea - we'll add it to our list!

Vlad@27WON

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vlad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"18 Si, "18 CTR
Country flag
They don't give a fk about the cvt believe me I've tried over 20 emails with no response.
We're always available via phone or email. If you'd like, you can email me directly at [email protected]. I can even call you directly - DM me your # and I'll get in touch.
Sponsored