Coreyviper

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Hi everyone! My first post here. I purchased a 2020 Civic Hatchback EX in February and have fallen in love! The ONLY thing i'm not really a fan of is the cloth interior. I think it looks okay, but it gets so dirty so easily. Just from resting my arm on the door armrest and the center console cover, it leaves a weird white residue. I've been using Chemical Guys Total Interior cleaner to remove the residue and it does an okay job. Does anyone have any advice or recommendations for maintenance and possibly something to guard from the residue happening in the first place?
Sponsored

Thatguyraw

I don’t own a civic
First Name
Raw
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Toyota Tundra
Country flag
Get a cheap steamer.

MaxPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan ABM, 2017 CR-V EX, formerly 2005 Saab 9-2x, 1986 Prelude Si
Country flag
Short of the aforementioned steamer suggestion, or covering up the cloth surfaces with a material you can remove and wash - there aren't a whole lot of options. You could apply a fabric protector, like this 303 product. It's not a complete solution, but it should help. Dirt/stains won't adhere as well to the protected surfaces, so it makes the cloth easier to clean.

biosses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Hi everyone! My first post here. I purchased a 2020 Civic Hatchback EX in February and have fallen in love! The ONLY thing i'm not really a fan of is the cloth interior. I think it looks okay, but it gets so dirty so easily. Just from resting my arm on the door armrest and the center console cover, it leaves a weird white residue. I've been using Chemical Guys Total Interior cleaner to remove the residue and it does an okay job. Does anyone have any advice or recommendations for maintenance and possibly something to guard from the residue happening in the first place?
[/QUOTE

Have you thought about switching out to leather center armrests and side armrests from Honda Insight parts? It's very cheap to do so.

OP
OP
Coreyviper

Coreyviper

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
No I hadn’t thought of that but would absolutely like to! Think you could please provide me with a link? Thank you!!?

biosses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
No I hadn’t thought of that but would absolutely like to! Think you could please provide me with a link? Thank you!!?

If you look through this thread, you will find the part #s.

https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/center-console-arm-rest-removal.4427/

I got the parts through https://www.bernardiparts.com/. I found them to be the cheapest, free shipping over 75$.

I did it for my 2017 EX hatch recently, it was really easy. Since my cloth armrests still like new, i put them on CL and OfferUp.

Trash Panda

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
If you stick with the cloth interior, I personally use this diluted with a microfiber towel to clean off the residue. Leaves a nice scent and somewhat darkens the cloth.

Honda Civic 10th gen How to maintain cloth interior? 68CAFDEB-7E46-4975-85F5-8EB6CCD4F005

mahewd

First Name
Mathew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Country flag
You can use a microfiber towel with the Chemical Guys Total interior cleaner for a better finish.

JO3L

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FC1E5, NA6CE
Country flag
I am currrently using Griot Interior Cleaner. Spray it liberally, wait a minute and then use a soft bristle brush to scrub the area. Seems to be working ok enough for my satisfaction. I got a steam cleaner that I want to try out now though.

Honda Civic 10th gen How to maintain cloth interior? 1591903929659