How to keep rear window clean?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Touring - White Orchid Pearl
Country flag
I have a 2018 Civic Touring. I have not made any modifications to the car. This has been a problem for a while, but it just seems to be getting worse. I hope I can describe this accurately. I live in Florida where, of course, we get a lot of rain. There's this semi-permanent condensation that has built up on the rear window that leaves this splotchy, patchy film that remains even after thoroughly washing and drying the car. It's annoying during the day. At night, when another car's lights hit the back it's basically a hazard. You can't see a lick out the window because the light reflects off of the grey white of that smudginess. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has experienced this. Is there a treatment (whether done myself or professional) you'd recommend to prevent this from happening? I've attached a picture I took when I was at a red light. Hopefully it helps.

Honda Civic 10th gen How to keep rear window clean? vYxP0zG
Sponsored

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
There is a product that you apply inside of the window and it’s suppose to combat against fogging. Also might as well do rain x on the rear as well.

darrvao777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW CTR, '18 G550
Country flag
optimum’s onr and opti seal are great at cleaning glass

1. apply onr to the glass via a heavily wrung out microfiber towel
2. dry it using a dry microfiber towel
3. use a half spritz of opti seal on the included foam applicator and gently work it onto the window
4. you shouldn’t need to but if you want, wipe away with a dry microfiber towel if any streaking
5. do this to the inside and outside of your rear glass
6. the glass is now cleaned and sealed

JackOfAllBlades

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Sport 2.0L 6MT Lunar Silver Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Does anyone else get water spots inside the bottom of the rear window?

mahewd

First Name
Mathew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Country flag
I think you can try a glass cleaner. A good cleaner can remove serious grease and grime very easily. Previously, I used an invisible glass cleaner by Stoner. I used it regularly on my car windows and it worked very fast. I heard earlier that glass cleaners create light scratches and leave streak. But I did't find any problem like these using this glass cleaner.
If you take a decision to use a glass cleaner, take a look at this glass cleaner.
Sponsored