How to hook amp power to positive battery terminal

typebeat.mp3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R - SGP
Country flag
Hi, this is probably a stupid question, but I'm really confused as to how I'm supposed to properly hook up an 8ga power cable to the positive battery terminal since the positive battery terminal has that plastic cover on it. Am I just supposed to remove it?
Sponsored

Mikeybc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-T, 2015 Nissan Murano
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'd try to notch the cover if possible rather than removing it.. but you could remove it if you want.

OP
OP
typebeat.mp3

typebeat.mp3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'd try to notch the cover if possible rather than removing it.. but you could remove it if you want.
Gotcha, do you happen to have an example of this done? Sorry just trying to make sure I don't mess something up when I go to install this lol.

Mikeybc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-T, 2015 Nissan Murano
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Gotcha, do you happen to have an example of this done? Sorry just trying to make sure I don't mess something up when I go to install this lol.
I don't have an example but remove the cover, hook up the cable then just see what it takes to put the cover back on, maybe try routing the cable from different directions to the post and see what works best. Im sure someone here has a solution.

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
Pro Tip: Don't loosen the terminal clamp any more than necessary. It tends to come apart and often gets lost into the abyss of the engine compartment.

Also... make sure whatever you're connecting isn't grounded on the other end while you're connecting this up. I know this is kinda' obvious. But I've seen some shit.

OP
OP
typebeat.mp3

typebeat.mp3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
This is what I did. I used a razor to cut a slit so that the ring terminal slid right in.

20211018_073733.jpg

20211018_073727.jpg

20211018_073720.jpg
Dude, this helps so much! Thanks for the pictures. This is probably exactly what I'll end up doing. Do you happen to also have a picture of how the ring connector is attached? Did you just loosen the clamp and then clamp it back down?

Pro Tip: Don't loosen the terminal clamp any more than necessary. It tends to come apart and often gets lost into the abyss of the engine compartment.

Also... make sure whatever you're connecting isn't grounded on the other end while you're connecting this up. I know this is kinda' obvious. But I've seen some shit.
This definitely would have bit me in the ass if you hadn't told me, lol. Thanks man! Any little tips help.