How to get white headlights

Hondaman_MI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Civic EX-T
Country flag
Is there a way to get white halagon headlights? Or put LED headlights in the halagon housing unit?
Sponsored

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
yes, and headlight junkie types will tell you using swapped LED units is horrible and will blind oncoming drivers. That being said, I went the low cost route and have been happy with the results. Amazon Stark brand worked for me, I swapped the fog, high, and low bulbs. They all match the DRL strip in their white appearance. The fog bulbs were the biggest improvement, I suspect due to the open reflector type compared to the low beams. The high beams were already fine, but I figured I should just do them all.

If you don't mind paying for quality, The Retrofit Source or Lightwerkz are both very well regarded. You'll spend around $300 and up to DIY with their quality components, or 4x that if you want something that you can just swap right in.

Im Yoink

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EXT
Country flag
I went through this and experimented with different bulbs. The first thing I did was try Philips Diamond Vision (about $50). These are halogens that are white and do match the DRL pretty well. However, the light output on there were not the greatest and made it hard for me to drive as I drive a lot of backroads at night. They do not project as far as regular halogens but they do work. Next and what I stuck with was OPT7 fluxbeam LEDs (about $80-$90). These are very bright and provide great light output and match the DRLs perfectly. But beware of putting led bulbs into a halogen projector. If you do not aim your headlights and put the bulbs in the right orientation you can blind oncoming drivers. I aimed mine and orientated then until I could drive past my friend without blinding them but still have a proper beam. I would recommend leds as long as you install them properly. I still have the white halogens and can post some pictures of the difference if it helps you.

HatchHTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have cougar LED's which I bought from Amazon for 50 bucks and it matches the DRL almost perfectly. It's plug and play and has good light output

civictrooper

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have cougar LED's which I bought from Amazon for 50 bucks and it matches the DRL almost perfectly. It's plug and play and has good light output
Really happen to have link or model #
Thanks

tdurham19

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic sport hatch
Country flag
A good LED I have always used is AUXBEAM. Amazon sells them and they have bulbs for the headlights and fogs. About 20$ a pair and they last forever. The headlights I have I had on my WRX for 30k miles and they are still going strong on the civic

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
Thanks man
HEAT KILLS: Whole aluminum housing 10,000 RPM Powerful TurboCool fan to ensures your LED Headlight bulbs Over 50,000 hrs of brilliant continuous light.
The LED bulbs themselves may run for 50,000 hours, but I cannot imagine that the cheap nasty 10,ooo rpm "Turbo Fan" will last nearly that long, especially in the "under Hood" environment of the car ...

civictrooper

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
HEAT KILLS: Whole aluminum housing 10,000 RPM Powerful TurboCool fan to ensures your LED Headlight bulbs Over 50,000 hrs of brilliant continuous light.
The LED bulbs themselves may run for 50,000 hours, but I cannot imagine that the cheap nasty 10,ooo rpm "Turbo Fan" will last nearly that long, especially in the "under Hood" environment of the car ...
What do you suggest for led that will blend with the daytime lights
Thanks

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
What do you suggest for led that will blend with the daytime lights
Thanks
No Idea .. I am still running stock light ... but please DO NOT be one of those A$$H@L#S who fits replacement bulbs that are not designed for their reflectors, and blinds all oncoming traffic at night. Whatever you change to, make sure they are re-aimed correctly. :confused1:

Ref Spider-Man :
With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility

civictrooper

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No Idea .. I am still running stock light ... but please DO NOT be one of those A$$H@L#S who fits replacement bulbs that are not designed for their reflectors, and blinds all oncoming traffic at night. Whatever you change to, make sure they are re-aimed correctly. :confused1:

Ref Spider-Man :
With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility
Yea I’m been running stocks too lol gotcha Ben

CyberCT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Find a development with hills and drive behind (and oncoming) a friend or family member at night after swapping the LEDs in (including up and down the hills) and ask for their input. You may not need to readjust your headlights (I did not have to). It also apparently depends on the brand and how the LEDs are mounted to the bulb. The Civic's headlights also are and aim quite low to the ground. The a$$ holes that have pickup trucks, SUVs, and put LEDs in nonprojector housings are the idiots that blind everyone because of either their high distance from the ground or bad housings.
Sponsored