Alex O

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Ive seen multiple threads on this and no answers have been given lol. I have auto lights turned on, nothing is blocking the sensor, and I have the lights set to stay on 15 sec after I shut doors. Ive been trying a few things to see if they turn on and here is what I found. If you turn off the car at night while the auto lights are on, and then get out lock everything up and then hit the unlock, they'll come on. But it only happens when the lights were on when the car was on. Say I try to repeat it and unlock the car when it was previously not on, they will not work. Anyone have a solution for this problem. I only want to find this out because I got the HRS mugen style tail lights and I wanna hit the unlock button to see the animation lmao. Open to suggestions.

Might I add that my buddy has a 2019 sport sedan and his lights turn on every time he unlocks it at night. At first I thought this was just a sport feature then I turned that setting to 15 sec and it worked for me once. Again, if anyone has any success with anything lmk
Sponsored

OP
OP
Alex O

Alex O

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Alright so I just figured out that when you remote start and then hit the unlock button at night they come on. Sort of fixes the issue but still only want to hit the unlock button for them to turn on.

OP
OP
Alex O

Alex O

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ok so found out that High was not the highest auto light turn on sensitivity, turned it to Max. Nothing was different though. What I did find out though was that the only time the auto turn on worked is when the light off door close setting was set to 15 sec. Well the only time I didnt check was 30 sec, only 60 but it did not work. I assumed it wouldnt. Still though, it only worked once when I initially locked it then unlocked it, not the second time. Fiddling with it prolly doesnt help but I wanted to figure it out.

JasNeo

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si Coupe
Country flag
So in my experience the only way to have the lights come on when you unlock the car is to either leave the lights on all the time, or leave them on auto. If they're on auto it has to be dark enough for them to turn on when you unlock the car. If you keep them on all the time they'll turn on any time you unlock the car. The car has to be locked first, then unlocked for them to come on. If the car is unlocked at night, and you press the unlock button nothing will happen. Hope that helps a bit

OP
OP
Alex O

Alex O

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So in my experience the only way to have the lights come on when you unlock the car is to either leave the lights on all the time, or leave them on auto. If they're on auto it has to be dark enough for them to turn on when you unlock the car. If you keep them on all the time they'll turn on any time you unlock the car. The car has to be locked first, then unlocked for them to come on. If the car is unlocked at night, and you press the unlock button nothing will happen. Hope that helps a bit
What exactly do you mean by leaving them on all the time? Like leaving it in the setting under auto? When I have it in that setting an alarm goes off telling me to shut them off when the car is off and theyre on. Also wouldnt that drain the battery?

m_kluch

First Name
Maryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type-R
Country flag
In my Type-R you can set that to happen through the infotainment system. Might be the same in yours.

OP
OP
Alex O

Alex O

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
In my Type-R you can set that to happen through the infotainment system. Might be the same in yours.
What’s it called and where can I find it. I’ve already looked through the lighting setup in the vehicle menu

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Still though, it only worked once when I initially locked it then unlocked it, not the second time.
Are you saying that when the car is locked, and you hit the unlock button, the lights come on? But if hit the unlock button a second time without locking it first, the lights don't come on? If so, have you tried locking it first, then hit unlock again?

BlueJay21

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic 1.5 FBO CVT
Country flag
Ive seen multiple threads on this and no answers have been given lol. I have auto lights turned on, nothing is blocking the sensor, and I have the lights set to stay on 15 sec after I shut doors. Ive been trying a few things to see if they turn on and here is what I found. If you turn off the car at night while the auto lights are on, and then get out lock everything up and then hit the unlock, they'll come on. But it only happens when the lights were on when the car was on. Say I try to repeat it and unlock the car when it was previously not on, they will not work. Anyone have a solution for this problem. I only want to find this out because I got the HRS mugen style tail lights and I wanna hit the unlock button to see the animation lmao. Open to suggestions.

Might I add that my buddy has a 2019 sport sedan and his lights turn on every time he unlocks it at night. At first I thought this was just a sport feature then I turned that setting to 15 sec and it worked for me once. Again, if anyone has any success with anything lmk
I have the Spec lights with animation but I leave my lights on auto, so at night all my lights will turn on, but in the morning none of them will turn on. If you leave your light on then it will also do it in the morning when you click unlock on the key fob. Mine turns off after 30sec but you can change that in the infotainment system.

m_kluch

First Name
Maryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type-R
Country flag
What’s it called and where can I find it. I’ve already looked through the lighting setup in the vehicle menu
I don't remember where exactly but it was there in one of the setup menus for me. Might be different for a non Type-R though. Go through each one of them carefully

JasNeo

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si Coupe
Country flag
What exactly do you mean by leaving them on all the time? Like leaving it in the setting under auto? When I have it in that setting an alarm goes off telling me to shut them off when the car is off and theyre on. Also wouldnt that drain the battery?
Yes that setting. The car will beep and tell you to turn them off but they will shut off after the car is locked like they do on auto. That's the only way to have the lights come on during the day when unlocking the car. When they're in auto they only come on when it's dark enough
Sponsored