groundon000

First Name
Evnul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
deleting the res Would just make it sound more farty and the cabin would be loud af with droning at every rpm. If you want more noise try chopping the stock res off and getting a glass pack that’s less restrictive. Should be a little louder but a more refined loud not tin can loud. Although I imagine you’re making lots of noise already with catless and muffler delete
yea its already loud i want it to make some pops and bangs. I thought the upgrade from muffler delete to downpipe and tune would make some pops and cracks. I emailed hondata and they said they dont have a tune for that.
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Are crackles and pops the new Civic fart can mod?

Basha

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX CVT
Country flag
Hey guys I got a Honda Civic ex hatchback 2017. I so far have a muffler delete and installed mishimoto short ram intake. However, I want my car to start piping more with the exhaust or crackle. Anything else I can do to achieve this? Downpipe cat or cat less?
My civic is 2.0L everything is stock, but AEM cold air intake, straight piped. Watch the video and read the description and enjoy bro. https://youtube.com/shorts/5G3d10LzjzE?feature=share

OP
OP
groundon000

groundon000

First Name
Evnul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
My civic is 2.0L everything is stock, but AEM cold air intake, straight piped. Watch the video and read the description and enjoy bro. https://youtube.com/shorts/5G3d10LzjzE?feature=share
Thanks for the reply bro I’m gonna think bout doing resonator delete. I only have muffler delete but resonator may change the game. I have Hondata but I don’t think there’s a pop tune like how KTuner has so I may consider switching over to ktuner.

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Thanks for the reply bro I’m gonna think bout doing resonator delete. I only have muffler delete but resonator may change the game. I have Hondata but I don’t think there’s a pop tune like how KTuner has so I may consider switching over to ktuner.
Seems like a lot of work to put a shitty tune on a car but ?‍♂

Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86, '19 CTR, Some other stuff
Country flag
Seems like a lot of work to put a shitty tune on a car but ?‍♂
All the zoomers and Chad's are doing it.

Why make car handle well or go fast when I can make my car break people's ear drums and ruin the car communities reputation further.

Basha

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX CVT
Country flag
I had the same setting in Ktuner and only a muffler deleted and it never sounded like that. Deleting the resonator changed the game like you said.

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
I think the CVT is part of the problem, the way it handles RPM's are counter to pops/crackles.

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I think the CVT is part of the problem, the way it handles RPM's are counter to pops/crackles.
Good guess, but nah, that's not how it works. Its all based on fuel and ignition during decel. I've seen plenty of WRX's with CVT's and these shitty tunes.

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
Good guess, but nah, that's not how it works. Its all based on fuel and ignition during decel. I've seen plenty of WRX's with CVT's and these shitty tunes.
I'm saying, trying to get a stock tune to do it is harder with a CVT over a manual. My wifes car would crackle a bit, but only under specific conditions (decelerate on a small decline).
Sponsored