Jswan

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Su
Country flag
So I have a 2018 Honda Civic SI Sedan and because of a divorce and work vehicle requirements I may have to sell. So this is VIN #1 for the 2018 model year and I would like to see it go to some that will hopefully let it become a classic.

So what are your suggestions on how to find the right buyer?

Thank you
James
Sponsored

Last edited:

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
I don’t know that the Si coupe will become a classic. I hope it does, but the car has it’s flaws. I’m really attached to the car as well.

It is the last 2dr Si that will be made for awhile. I’m hoping it retains some good value in 5-10 years. These cars weren’t built to last as long as older vehicles.

The Si is uncommon but it’s not rare, and it shares 90% of everything else with the regular civics.

OP
OP

Jswan

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Su
Country flag
I don’t know that the Si coupe will become a classic. I hope it does, but the car has it’s flaws. I’m really attached to the car as well.

It is the last 2dr Si that will be made for awhile. I’m hoping it retains some good value in 5-10 years. These cars weren’t built to last as long as older vehicles.

The Si is uncommon but it’s not rare, and it shares 90% of everything else with the regular civics.
It's the sedan and I'm hoping that someone is interested because the VIN # tends to add value in some circles. I'm not sure it is always the case so I'm here

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's the sedan and I'm hoping that someone is interested because the VIN # tends to add value in some circles. I'm not sure it is always the case so I'm here
unfortunately not going to be the case with the Si's

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
Yeah idk why I thought you wrote coupe. How’d you manage to get that VIN? What does it even mean?

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

although he has a sedan i just wanted to add that I think it'll definitely retain value. Don't think it'll be considered "rare" but might be a little hard to find. I think the 1.5's will last a good while though, probably not as long as 8th/9th gen but the good part is that the engines are cheap so I have a feeling it'll be more common to have engines replaced

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Maybe VIN #1 of the first 10th gen Si ever made in 2017 might have a value increase, but not sure if having the first model from later years would matter as much. Especially since nothing was changed from '17 to '18.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
There's nothing special about the '18 model since the Si started in '17 so, I personally dont anyone would care about the VIN... Well, not enough to pay more for it. I could be wrong... I was wrong once and let me tell you, I did NOT like it.

'19Sport6Man

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport, 2013 Mazda MX-5 Grand Touring
Country flag
Not thinking the typical Honda Civic buyer is going to care about it being the first off the line that year - even less so since it’s not the first year of a major redesign or new model etc.

A Honda Civic is simply NOT a collector type car, it’s not a Shelby.....

you might possibly find a buyer who finds the vin number interesting enough to pay $500 more than he might be able to find the car elsewhere, but I wouldn’t bet on it.

Jonmd89

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Country flag
I’d personally pay maybe up to $1000 extra for that vin number if it’s in the right color, that’s more of a down the road price raise of holding value possibly then raising value

'19Sport6Man

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport, 2013 Mazda MX-5 Grand Touring
Country flag
Don't let me post those Bring A Trailer posts. Current auction for a 350 mile 2011 Honda Accord
Lol that car is a complete unicorn. Didn’t see the history or explanation.
The draw in that case is the car is basically brand new 350 miles on odometer. Someone in comment section noted the car was initially put in service this year?

anyone bidding is comparing what they can get for the same money , so the price isn’t even crazy high.
If a basically brand new 2001 Prelude SH with 350 miles came on the sale block I would gladly throw down $25-30k for it.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Put it in a climate controlled garage for a couple decades and it may well be worth it’s MSRP again so long as the miles are low. :dunno:

For a mass produced car to have a lot of value it has to be in outstanding condition, generally with low miles and so old that all of its million+ others have gotten used up and wore out that it stands out to someone who just has to have it. CTRs might get there due to the badge allure and their lower numbers. A plain jane Si is going to take a long time to start appreciating to be anything more than a used car, VIN # or not.
Sponsored