How to enjoy sunroof?

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
98% useless here. It's always too hot or too cold!
I used to drive an Opel Astra with a panoramic moonroof a while ago, and when the car was only 5 years old the guides were completely rusted out, so much that became difficult to open and close the glass itself. I had to remove the panel, sand the surfaces and paint, then i got rid of it. I was then sure i will not have another car with this accessory, but it is almost impossible as most of the cars on the market have some kind of opening roof as standard, including the Malibu and the Civic i had more recently. Fortunately i had no problems with the other cars, but i always keep an eye on what is going on up there....
Sponsored

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
As it (finally!) begins to cool down a little bit - I love doing moonroof open, rear windows cracked even on the highway. The noise isn't excessive to me, its much less than in previous cars I've driven with a moonroof, and I feel like since the car is fairly low to the ground, you get a good amount of airflow too.

I use it pretty much everyday, unless I'm going to an event where I don't wanna look like I just got out the gym lol

gunbunnysoulja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
My 2 and 4 year old love the view. They always want to look out of it. Too hot in FL to retract right now but in a month it should be nice to use.

OP
OP
D Money

D Money

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The weather is getting better. I've been cruising with sunroof and windows open all the way... Blasting music.... I love it :D

I turn off the AC

chety

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016 Coupe EX-T
I really enjoy the sunroof open on sunny day or even a bit cloudy.

It's also good if you smoke in the car it help on getting rid of the odor.

Also can leave it crack open during quick in and out so it doesn't get too hot.

kyle_agronick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX Sensing
Country flag
I love having a sun roof. It brightens up the car year round and makes everything feel less claustrophobic. Its great to crack when you want some fresh air but don't want the wind blowing in your face. Its great to open near the ocean. Whats not to like about a sunroof?

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
I hate standard moonroofs, glad the Sport 6MT doesn't have one.

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I use it anytime I'm in low speed driving (under 40-45). Above that, I'm wasting gas thus not opening it.

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The weather is getting better. I've been cruising with sunroof and windows open all the way... Blasting music.... I love it :D

I turn off the AC
Yeah same here! It's actually cool enough now around San Antonio that I can actually turn off the AC and pop open the moonroof and windows. It's the best time weather-wise.

jaid13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
Country flag
I tried opening my roof today... LOUD... I was shocked at how noisy it was. It was a windy day but none of my other Civics were ever this loud. Not a big deal for me because I rarely have it open.

ediblebirch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 FK7 ST
Country flag
It rarely gets that hot in Oregon in the summer that opening the sunroof would be a nuisance. I enjoy having it for the added sunlight in the cabin, and love it when driving through tunnels at night. Whenever I use it, it is usually on tilt. Even when it is cold, I like to blast the heat with the windows cracked.

Manual

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 EX-T 6mt
Country flag
On the highway:

1. Slide sun-shade back a couple of inches (allowing for air flow but still keeping that infernal sun off your noggin)
2. Put moon-roof in "flip up" position
3. Crack the back right window open about an inch

Enjoy the natural (and not too loud) refreshing air flow -- helps keep you cool and awake on long road trips.
Bonus -- now all the jelly onlookers can clearly see you are part of the elite "moon-roof club"

Last edited: