How to drive a Type R while eating a MacDonalds ice cone?

RBrackett

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R Aegean Blue Metallic
Country flag
trick question, the machine is always broken!

hold cone in left hand and steer with my pinky or knee then shift with the right.

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
invest in Alcantera cleaner

Last edited:

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Over the years, I've probably eaten in a car I was driving about 4-5 times. Never in the Civic. The few times I have done it, I'm leaving McDonald's and munching on a few hot french fries. And usually, I drop a fry between the seat and the center console. :doh:

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CBP Type R
Country flag
I'm in the camp of if you got time to eat ice cream,then you got time to park it and eat it outside....it's more enjoyable that way anyways

Shred

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't take anything besides water into the car after my experience the first day I owned the car.

Stopped to get pizza, mind you this was when the quarantine was at its peak so ended up eating the pizza in the lot with my buddy. I put my soda bottle inside the car, ate the pizza outside. After I eat my slices, I get in the car and proceed to wash it down with the soda. Well apparently the soda decided sitting still for 10 minutes upset it and it came gushing out of the bottle.

I don't think I've ever moved faster than squeezing my legs together to prevent as much as I could from getting to the seat. Still had a little get on it, but no stain. I'm not tempting fate again.

OP
OP
whereir

whereir

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
type R fk8
Country flag
Back in high school (yes, we had cars back then!) my best friend had a Mustang II with a manual. First car with a stick I ever drove. He was able to eat a full fast-food meal and drive that thing pretty damn well. I never could figure it out. Of course he became an engineer, and I, um, didn't.

But really, I don't eat in the car. Or drink. Or let food in there except in the back, in grocery bags, from the store. I am lucky enough not to have a commute of any length, so there is zero reason to eat or drink in the cockpit.
HAHAHA I only have bikes in high school

CanadaCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R (CW)
Country flag
Thinking about eating an ice cream cone in my car gives me anxiety haha. The most I will ever have in there is a water bottle with a proper screw top. The entire interior has been treated with a hydrophobic/stain resistant coating as well, just in case.

TANSTAAFL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R, Championship White
Country flag
HAHAHA I only have bikes in high school
Heh, well, I didn't own a car until my father died, and at 16 I was the only one in the house with a license, so I inherited the car (a horrible Dodge Aspen). My friends though were mostly more affluent than I was, so I always had friends who had cars of some sort.

High school was interesting. At the end of the day, the kids with cars would form a line as they left the parking lot (only one exit of course) and do burnouts off the speed bumps. This was best accomplished by pulling up to and over the bump, positioning the rear wheels so that the bump was just ahead of them, mashing the brake, then mashing the accelerator until the wheels spun against the speed bump, producing a cloud of tire smoke, and then releasing the brake. Of course, this then meant a huge jolt as the rear wheels went over the speed bump, and with the live axles and bad suspensions of those days, hilarity often ensued.

A bottle of Clorox poured on the speed bump helped; it made for huge clouds of dense white smoke.

chi town brat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90 CRX Si. 91 STD Hatch. 17 CTR. 18 CTR.
Country flag
In a cup, with a spoon. None of my Bratz will allow this.

I used to eat a full meal while driving a manual. It's all in the street length by factoring in traffic lights and how long before you turn. Also, setting up your food before getting back on your way. ?? Good memories.