How to Disable Turn-by-Turn?

Ruskee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si
Country flag
Is there a way to disable the turn-by-turn direction arrows that pop up in the digital cluster when navigating? Although it looks cool, I find them redundant since I can see the same thing on the main screen, and I would rather have the boost gauge visible. Anyone know how to change this setting?
Sponsored

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Is there a way to disable the turn-by-turn direction arrows that pop up in the digital cluster when navigating? Although it looks cool, I find them redundant since I can see the same thing on the main screen, and I would rather have the boost gauge visible. Anyone know how to change this setting?
I hope someone has the answer, because it somehow was temporarily disabled, and then magically started working a few weeks later.

n9yty

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
It's funny, I don't remember being able to turn it off on my 2018 EX Hatch, but on the 2019 EX Hatch I distinctly remember during setup of my phnone the first time that it asked me if i wanted this feature enabled. I thought the answer previously was always that it couldn't be disabled, but maybe that was wrong information or maybe they tweaked it in the 2019 model. I can't find this in the manual looking for it...

mjh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2020 Sedan; Previously VW Jetta SEL 2016 (auto); Civic EX Sedan 2009 (manual); Civic EX Coupe 2002 (manual)
Country flag
I followed this path but the option for "Turn by Turn Display" is not there. Did they hide it elsewhere? 2019 Civic SI Sedan
Bumping . . . is this just an option that does not exist in the Si? Same as other posters, there is no option to turn off turn-by-turn in the meter settings. I'm guessing because the Si does not include native navigation? Annoying feature.

yoonys

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2019
Country flag
The turn-by-turn display is indeed very annoying. Recently, it's been popping up even more frequently so I cannot do anything else! For example, as I approach one-mile point from a turn, it pops up too frequently that I cannot even use a speed dial to my wife! Not to mention a simple turn-off for viewing mpg or other info. I called Honda support and they said it's a problem on the Android Auto side because there is no such turn-by-turn display setting in my Civic SI Sedan 2019. I don't have too much trust in the Honda support agent, though.

Reactions: mjh

mjh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2020 Sedan; Previously VW Jetta SEL 2016 (auto); Civic EX Sedan 2009 (manual); Civic EX Coupe 2002 (manual)
Country flag
Pouring through a bunch of threads, this poster said he did a factory data reset, and when he re-installed the phone, he was prompted again whether he wanted the dashboard display, clicked no, and fixed the problem. Later posters on the thread said they did the same thing, clicked no, and had the navigation directions return to their dash anyway. I'm planning to try the factory data reset tomorrow when I have more time to mess around with it, since it will mean having to reset all my settings. But I'm bothered enough by it that it's worth a shot. I like having nav on as a matter of course, and with frequent turns it means, in effect, that I lose my dash display. I hate that.

mjh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Update: tried the factory data reset route -- didn't work. I did the reset, reinstalled my phone, clicked "No" when it prompted me for turn-by-turn, but the dashboard was highjacked by turn-by-turn when I navigated with Android Auto anyway. Ugh.

Last edited:

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
On my 18 coupe, in the menus where you customize the instrument panel, it gives you an option to add or delete what you want, I just deleted the turn by turn . It gives you three different "presets" if you will to customize as you wish.

mjh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
On my 18 coupe, in the menus where you customize the instrument panel, it gives you an option to add or delete what you want, I just deleted the turn by turn . It gives you three different "presets" if you will to customize as you wish.
I have that option on my 2020. However, even when I delete the turn-by-turn option, it still hijacks my instrument panel when I'm running maps with Android Auto. I'm gathering it's an Android Auto quirk.

Gus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I have that option on my 2020. However, even when I delete the turn-by-turn option, it still hijacks my instrument panel when I'm running maps with Android Auto. I'm gathering it's an Android Auto quirk.
Hey, where did you find this option? I have a 2020 civic si too and haven't been able to figure this out. Thanks in advance.

mjh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hey, where did you find this option? I have a 2020 civic si too and haven't been able to figure this out. Thanks in advance.
I'm not sure whether you're trying to add turn-by-turn, or delete it. If you are trying to add, if you go to the menu to "customize instrument panel" (I can't remember if it's under "vehicle" or "system"), you have the chance to add/delete items that will be in the instrument panel scroll. One option is the turn-by-turn navigation, which you can choose to have in the scroll. My complaint is, that even when you delete that turn-by-turn option, with Android Auto turn-by-turn option takes over the instrument panel anyway when running Maps or Waze.

Gus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I'm not sure whether you're trying to add turn-by-turn, or delete it. If you are trying to add, if you go to the menu to "customize instrument panel" (I can't remember if it's under "vehicle" or "system"), you have the chance to add/delete items that will be in the instrument panel scroll. One option is the turn-by-turn navigation, which you can choose to have in the scroll. My complaint is, that even when you delete that turn-by-turn option, with Android Auto turn-by-turn option takes over the instrument panel anyway when running Maps or Waze.
Thanks for the info man. Im trying to disable it. I tried to delete it off the instrument panel but running into the same issues as you. Lemme know if you ever figure a fix out.

dodger2710

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX Sedan
Country flag
I sent a request to Android Auto Devs to see if it is indeed but. But I'm thinking it's the version of Android that the display runs, very outdated.
Sponsored