How to Disable Turn-by-Turn?

privatejet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Mine just started doing this as well on 2018 Civic Si - Android Auto turn by turn display takes over the instrument cluster display, and pressing the "i" button on the steering wheel used to get rid of it, now it just pops back up & can't use any of the other functions without cancelling navigation.
Sponsored

mjh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2020 Sedan; Previously VW Jetta SEL 2016 (auto); Civic EX Sedan 2009 (manual); Civic EX Coupe 2002 (manual)
Country flag
I did 2 factory resets and 1 re-install of Android Auto. It's still popping up. I'm getting desperate.
I long gave up trying to fix it. I was already not a fan of Android Auto, because of the nanny "six tap limit" which causes it to lock up when trying to find the right music or podcast. So instead I just bought a magnet mount (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MXV6K1S/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1) for my phone and use my phone display for my navigation and podcasts.

Frauxdo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX
Country flag
This has been a pain in my side since I bought my 2019 EX. I've also done the reset of my infotainment system, and when re-pairing my phone selected to disable turn-by-turn, but it still decided to pop up anyway. At this point I'm just going to try resetting every few months to see if it ever takes.

mjh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2020 Sedan; Previously VW Jetta SEL 2016 (auto); Civic EX Sedan 2009 (manual); Civic EX Coupe 2002 (manual)
Country flag
This has been a pain in my side since I bought my 2019 EX. I've also done the reset of my infotainment system, and when re-pairing my phone selected to disable turn-by-turn, but it still decided to pop up anyway. At this point I'm just going to try resetting every few months to see if it ever takes.
My GF just got a 2021 CRV and I checked it out. Same infotainment, same issue.

Last edited:

kenewayne

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic si
Country flag
Well now I feel stupid that I didn't find this thread before my latest post! Headed to delete that post now...I see there's no fix for this annoying issue! UGH!!

Reactions: mjh

nohbdy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sí
Country flag
TURN BY TURN IS GONE!

Not sure what was going on, but it seemed like my car battery was dying. Every time I got a jump, this question popped up on the infotainment. I hit "no" each time but turn by turn acted like nothing happened.

Honda Civic 10th gen How to Disable Turn-by-Turn? PXL_20221119_163222952

Once I changed the car battery though, it never came back after hitting "no". Maybe the power was out long enough to reset the infotainment settings?

I wondered if Android Auto had an update that fixed it, but Google Play says the update came on 11/21 a few days after I installed a new battery (11/19).

It's been almost 2 weeks and I haven't seen that stupid arrow on the instrument panel!

Honda Civic 10th gen How to Disable Turn-by-Turn? MarvelousRecentHuemul-size_restricted

• Wow

kenewayne

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic si
Country flag
TURN BY TURN IS GONE!

Not sure what was going on, but it seemed like my car battery was dying. Every time I got a jump, this question popped up on the infotainment. I hit "no" each time but turn by turn acted like nothing happened.

PXL_20221119_163222952.jpg

Once I changed the car battery though, it never came back after hitting "no". Maybe the power was out long enough to reset the infotainment settings?

I wondered if Android Auto had an update that fixed it, but Google Play says the update came on 11/21 a few days after I installed a new battery (11/19).

It's been almost 2 weeks and I haven't seen that stupid arrow on the instrument panel!

MarvelousRecentHuemul-size_restricted.gif
What year is your Civic? ...you lucky man you!! 😜

nohbdy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sí
Country flag
What year is your Civic? ...you lucky man you!! 😜

2018. I've been digging around here and Reddit on how to turn it off for months without luck.

Actually, I'm wondering if Honda hack had something to do with it as well? I installed it the same week I was having battery problems

kenewayne

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic si
Country flag
Ahhh .. Honda hack. Yep. I heard that you could disable it using that. I bet that was the trick...I just didn't want to go through the hassle of buying it just for that. Glad to hear it worked for ya brother!! You're now the envy of many!! 😜

mjh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
2018. I've been digging around here and Reddit on how to turn it off for months without luck.

Actually, I'm wondering if Honda hack had something to do with it as well? I installed it the same week I was having battery problems
Does Honda Hack also allow you to bypass the Google Nanny "six tap limit" on Android Auto? That's the main thing that's kept me from using Android Auto (as well as having turn by turn hijack my dashboard). I've been using my phone directly mounted on the dashboard all along.

SethNES

Banned
Banned
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Unplug phone then throw it out window. That should get rid of it.

nohbdy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sí
Country flag
Does Honda Hack also allow you to bypass the Google Nanny "six tap limit" on Android Auto? That's the main thing that's kept me from using Android Auto (as well as having turn by turn hijack my dashboard). I've been using my phone directly mounted on the dashboard all along.
I don't fiddle around AA too much while driving, so I never noticed the limit. There is an option to bypass the parking brake check, so you're able to use the keyboard while driving. I'm guessing the limit is lifted when that option is enabled?

Ahhh .. Honda hack. Yep. I heard that you could disable it using that. I bet that was the trick...I just didn't want to go through the hassle of buying it just for that. Glad to hear it worked for ya brother!! You're now the envy of many!! 😜
I'm still wondering about how it finally went away. I bought the pro version to try to disable the "Display navigation instructions in the instrument cluster" option and it didn't seem to work. Then again, the "Reduce music volume when shifting to reverse gear" doesn't seem to work for me either.

Might've been a combination of the Hondahack and the battery being pulled to finally set in? I suppose I could uninstall or do a factory reset, then see if I can get rid of turn by turn again to test out some theories.
Sponsored