First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 civic type R
Country flag
Hello,
Trying to do a compression test on a FK8, the car won't crank with the 2 FI fuses pulled, and definetly sprayed fuel with them in so stopped before potentially causing damage. How do you get the car to crank with out the injectors working?
Thank you in advance
Sponsored

Reactions: DKL

xSenbon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR | 2007 350z
Country flag
Generally there is a clear flood mode in every car so correct me if I’m wrong for the type r but put your fuses back in and hold down the gas pedal to the floor and try to crank. With the gas pedal to the floor, it activates clear flood mode (which is if your cylinders are flooded with gas or whatever) and will crank the engine with the injectors disabled. I have not tried it with the type r but 95% of all the cars I’ve done it on is the same method so unless for some reason there is a different method of activation this is how you should do it.

Mcclaughry95

500hp is the goal.
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si
Country flag
Why not turn the engine by hand from like the accessory belt pulley? Idk tho haven't done it on this car yet.

BrokeCTROwner

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 1999 K20 Integra
Country flag
Generally there is a clear flood mode in every car so correct me if I’m wrong for the type r but put your fuses back in and hold down the gas pedal to the floor and try to crank. With the gas pedal to the floor, it activates clear flood mode (which is if your cylinders are flooded with gas or whatever) and will crank the engine with the injectors disabled. I have not tried it with the type r but 95% of all the cars I’ve done it on is the same method so unless for some reason there is a different method of activation this is how you should do it.
This does not work I tried it when I first got my type r as I did this a lot with my previous sti. The type r just turns on then revs to 3000

OP
OP

Tima5200

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 civic type R
Country flag
This does not work I tried it when I first got my type r as I did this a lot with my previous sti. The type r just turns on then revs to 3000
I tried to hold down the gas in accessory mode and it still sprayed fuel so I stopped after it cracked twice to not flood it.

Tuxedo

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Tried this before, it doesnt work the engine will start and rev like up. Remove fuel pump fuse

DKL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Challenger Hellcat. '06 Z4 '97 Supra '18 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I tried pulling the fuel pump fuses, car won't crank.

OP
OP

Tima5200

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 civic type R
Country flag
I tried pulling the fuel pump fuses, car won't crank.
Yup been there twice. I gave up, for now. Don't understand why they had to make it so complicated.

shadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 STI, 15 CRV, 16 Civic RS Turbo, 18 Civic Type R
Country flag
I have an idea of how to get it cranking without starting hopefully. Try this at your own risk.

With engine off and transmission in neutral, use a remote starter switch.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=remote+starter+switch+for+cars&i=automotive&crid=1O669AM90QK00&sprefix=remote+starter+switch,automotive,375&ref=nb_sb_ss_ts-doa-p_2_21

That will crank the engine, but since everything is off, nothing else except the starter should energize.

Here is a diagram of a starter:
Honda Civic 10th gen How to disable fuel injectors for a compression test 1616204819898

B is connected directly to the car's battery (+) with a fat cable and S is connected to the ignition switch. To energize the starter, the ignition switch provides +12V to the S terminal.

The remote starter switch is connected to B and S. If you short B and S, the starter will crank.
Sponsored