Hatchi

First Name
Liam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Prius, 2020 BBP CTR
Country flag
Of course I could just pull the injectors off and have them shoot into a container of some sort sure, but is there really not a way to disabled the fueling (without some honda software)?

Would like to compression test the car, managed to overrev it bc I either mishifted terribly, or got locked out of 4th then trying to upshift. Tried 3-4, got 3-2 instead. The overrev lasted for less than a second total, peaked at 8787 RPM (I data log all my drives). I've got no code thrown but I know I overrev'd it. Trying to compression test just to see the state of the valvetrain.

If worse comes to worse I'll be performing the bucket method, but I'd prefer to not lmao.
Sponsored

JohnInATL

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP FK8
Country flag
Pull the fuel pump fuse or unplug the pump under the rear seat and run the car until it dies.

Also, on a direct injection car, you can’t pull the injectors for a compression test because the cylinder would no longer be sealed.

OP
OP
Hatchi

Hatchi

First Name
Liam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Prius, 2020 BBP CTR
Country flag
Pull the fuel pump fuse or unplug the pump under the rear seat and run the car until it dies.

Also, on a direct injection car, you can’t pull the injectors for a compression test because the cylinder would no longer be sealed.
True, woulda figured that one out in practice, forgot the theory! Thanks.

I read fuel pump fuse doesn't work, car won't turn on without it. But unplugging the in-tank pump, now that might be a idea, will be giving this a shot in the next week or so, appreciate it.
Sponsored