How to clean grease off purple alcantara....?

CVCTURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport 6M
Country flag
Well let me start off by saying I was a GM technician for many many years and have worked on cars my whole life.

Unfortunately I don't have a tire change machine so I had to take my car this morning to have my new rims mounted and balanced.

The damn tech that did the work didn't clean his hands and got black grease all over my new custom made purple alcantara shift boot..... I know it's hard to see in the pic because the lighting but it's all around the top of the boot.

How do I get this off without ruinig it?

If all else fails I'll just have to bight the bullet and get another one :mad:

Honda Civic 10th gen How to clean grease off purple alcantara....? MVIMG_20200530_110815

Honda Civic 10th gen How to clean grease off purple alcantara....? IMG_20200530_104254

biosses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Well let me start off by saying I was a GM technician for many many years and have worked on cars my whole life.

Unfortunately I don't have a tire change machine so I had to take my car this morning to have my new rims mounted and balanced.

The damn tech that did the work didn't clean his hands and got black grease all over my new custom made purple alcantara shift boot..... I know it's hard to see in the pic because the lighting but it's all around the top of the boot.

How do I get this off without ruinig it?

If all else fails I'll just have to bight the bullet and get another one :mad:

MVIMG_20200530_110815.jpg

IMG_20200530_104254.jpg

tech created the problem, make them own it.