How to check windshield washer fluid level?

Marcy161

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Might be a dumb question but how do you check how much fluid you have in your windshield washer cause I don't see any markings on it at all
Sponsored

TimberWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Best to keep the fluid topped up. Just keep adding the washer fluid slowly until you see the top of the fluid level.

Canadian models have a low fluid warning, so you shouldn't actually run out and run the risk of operating the washer pump dry.

Dario1101

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Best to keep the fluid topped up. Just keep adding the washer fluid slowly until you see the top of the fluid level.

Canadian models have a low fluid warning, so you shouldn't actually run out and run the risk of operating the washer pump dry.
Looks like the Canadians have that over us. Boo.

But yeah just add until the top. No biggie, OP. I should probably fill mine up now that I think about it.

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
If you don’t see it from the opening then it’s low lol. Just fill up slowly till you see it. Water can be used, but if you have hard water (strong mineral water) then a build up can occur. I typical just use windshield fluid from Walmart or autozone it’s like $3-4 for a gallon

Dario1101

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
If you don’t see it from the opening then it’s low lol. Just fill up slowly till you see it. Water can be used, but if you have hard water (strong mineral water) then a build up can occur. I typical just use windshield fluid from Walmart or autozone it’s like $3-4 for a gallon
Same. I'll get some tomorrow and have fun filling it up.

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
You dont want to use plain water, because things like bacteria and algae can grow. Use washer fluid.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/25955695/

Guitar_stitch

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI, 2006 Honda Element, 2006 Chevy Express
Country flag

I wonder if we were to fit a Canadian bottle with the sensor on it into a US car, would the PID be active in the computer?
Sponsored