How to change your manual transmission fluid on your 10th gen (video tutorial)

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE USA-367, 2011 Civic Si (FA5)
Country flag
Should I be concerned about replacing fluid with Amsol voiding the warranty?
Service Tech assured that it would, but I'm experiencing sticky/crunchy shifting since delivery. They won't do anything to help as it's "operating as designed".
that's ridiculous IMO. changing fluid does not void any warranty, sounds like a crock of sh*t some dealer would push
Sponsored

Starion

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mitsubishi Starion - modded
Country flag
that's ridiculous IMO. changing fluid does not void any warranty, sounds like a crock of sh*t some dealer would push
Verbatim from Honda's highest level roaming Factory Service Technician. Worth a look into the exact warranty language it seems.

ManitobaSI

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Isn’t there a difference in viscosity and weight between Honda and Amsoil MTF; that may be a reason why Honda would have a reason not to warranty? I’m about to do mine, still on the fence.

kimtyson

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Blue Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Service Tech assured that it would, but I'm experiencing sticky/crunchy shifting since delivery. They won't do anything to help as it's "operating as designed".
I don't think swapping out with Amsoil is going to cause any issues. That said, how would they know what trans fluid was used. I mean, are they going to do a fluid analysis in a lab if\when your tranny dies? Lots of people have used it and if you want to, go for it. There is no worry about the warranty here.

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE USA-367, 2011 Civic Si (FA5)
Country flag
I put Amsoil synchromesh into my 2019 CTR around the 14k mile mark. I've driven with the new fluid for 3k miles and the shifting does feel better. I'm not sure if it's classic placebo effect but I was having second and third gear grinding in spirited driving that lead me to change it out. I also grinded going into reverse once while at a standstill. Since the change I haven't grinded second once and I can think of only one time getting a slight grind going into third from second.

I agree with @kimtyson too, it would be hard for Honda to prove you didn't use OE trans oil.

OP
OP
Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I wouldn't.

cryptolime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Si
Country flag
isn't that just the fluid inspection hole on the top? i thought the actual fill hole was on the side so oil drains out at the correct level. could have sworn there are three holes; one on top (fill hole), side (level check hole) and bottom (drain hole). if you are using a fluid pump i'd just fill it at the side level check hole. fill at top if you are using funnel.

pwnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
isn't that just the fluid inspection hole on the top? i thought the actual fill hole was on the side so oil drains out at the correct level. could have sworn there are three holes; one on top (fill hole), side (level check hole) and bottom (drain hole). if you are using a fluid pump i'd just fill it at the side level check hole. fill at top if you are using funnel.
Like you said, fill on top, level check on side, drain on bottom (with crush washer)
Sponsored