First Name
Mirek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Accord 2.4
Country flag
25450-P4V-013
I read that it is advised to replace 5, 4 and #3 O-rings. This filter fits my 2013 Accord as well.
Question: My mechanic while checking CVT transmission oil level after replacing, had an engine on and check bolt removed instead of engine off. Does that make difference?

Honda Civic 10th gen How to change Transmission Oil on 1.5T CVT Screenshot_20191117-200827_Chrome
Sponsored

chestypuller

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Country flag
how often is the cvt filter supposed to be changed?

Swordfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
I ended up getting my cvt fluid done at the dealership today. Paid 132 for a drain and fill. The maintenance minder did not trigger but the car has slightly over 46,000 miles so I decided to get it done.

I noticed a big difference after. The transmission was always jerky and shudder at lower speeds and now is 90% better with less jerking

Swordfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
Very nice Swordfish! Glad to have gotten it done, eh?
Definitely. Huge difference, and anyone who has a jerky transmission I'd suggest it. I can't believe how much of a difference it has made. Now that I have been driving it for a few days it runs pretty smooth now. The maintenance minder didnt trigger, but I did it anyways, and will probably do it every 30k miles irrespective of the maintenance minder.

Dario1101

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Definitely. Huge difference, and anyone who has a jerky transmission I'd suggest it. I can't believe how much of a difference it has made. Now that I have been driving it for a few days it runs pretty smooth now. The maintenance minder didnt trigger, but I did it anyways, and will probably do it every 30k miles irrespective of the maintenance minder.
What exactly do you mean by a "jerky" transmission?

Swordfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
When I am driving, let say I get to around 20mph or so.....typically when braking from a higher mph, the car has a jerking or "skipping" feeling. It feels as almost the car's transmission is unable to transition from a higher mph to a lower.

I usually notice this when I am going at a higher speed, like 65mph, then begin to slow down like driving into the neighborhood and slowly braking to 15-20mph, then lightly tap the accelerator to keep going that's when it "jerks". That's the best way that I can describe it, although I have read other have the same issue.

It largely has went away after the fluid change and it was the first time unless something was not done correctly from the factory.

Swordfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
When I am driving, let say I get to around 20mph or so.....typically when braking from a higher mph, the car has a jerking or "skipping" feeling. It feels as almost the car's transmission is unable to transition from a higher mph to a lower.

I usually notice this when I am going at a higher speed, like 65mph, then begin to slow down like driving into the neighborhood and slowly braking to 15-20mph, then lightly tap the accelerator to keep going that's when it "jerks". That's the best way that I can describe it, although I have read other have the same issue.

It largely has went away after the fluid change and it was the first time unless something was not done correctly from the factory.

midnightcivic

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 SGP EX
Country flag
Would definitely recommond everyone to swap the cvt oil every 30k miles this makes the car feel way smoother when driving and swear mpg jumped up. I was skeptical at first but i noticed the big change when i had it done on my 15 cr-v @ 50k miles.

highroller

First Name
U Hash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo
Country flag
25450-P4V-013
I read that it is advised to replace 5, 4 and #3 O-rings. This filter fits my 2013 Accord as well.
Question: My mechanic while checking CVT transmission oil level after replacing, had an engine on and check bolt removed instead of engine off. Does that make difference?

Screenshot_20191117-200827_Chrome.jpg
can someone inform me part numbers for ring 3 & 4?

sLing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Anyone got the part number for the check drain bolt crush washer?
Sponsored