How to Adjust Front Camber on a Tenth Gen Civic

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
From what I can tell this is not common knowledge and my local alignment shop (not a Honda dealer) certainly had no idea how to do it so I thought I would share my findings. This is NOT a guide on how to align your vehicle (special equipment is required), simply how to adjust the front camber. Please note that if you adjust your front camber you can expect your toe to change and very likely be out of spec. This is not something that should be done without a professional alignment immediately following. Now, to the nuts and bolts of things:

Ever wonder why there is a fourth stud sticking out of the top of your strut tower, without a nut on it? This is a "guide pin" that is only there for the purpose of vehicle assembly. In order to adjust your front camber, you must first remove it.

Honda Civic 10th gen How to Adjust Front Camber on a Tenth Gen Civic guidepinhole

If you have the screw type, Honda instructs you to place a few suitably sized washers around it and a hex nut on top. Tighten the nut with whatever tool you have handy (I prefer an electric impact driver) and it will pop out. If your guide pin is the "hex type", Honda instructs you to use a wrench that fits over the pin to rock it back and forth until it pops out. This part is no longer needed after vehicle assembly and can be discarded. This weight reduction will surely drop your 1/4 mile time by at least a tenth.

Once the guide pin is out, loose the three flange nuts. If your car is on the ground, you will find that the strut immediately slides into the inward position, which gives you the maximum negative camber obtainable with factory equipment. To be honest with you I am not sure how much adjustment this offers. The manual from Honda specifics " +-19' ". That certainly cannot be 19 degrees, perhaps 0.19 degrees? I'm hoping for more than that, we'll see. My next trip is back to the alignment shop to have it fine tuned. I will update then.

Here is a photo showing it all taken part:

Honda Civic 10th gen How to Adjust Front Camber on a Tenth Gen Civic disassembled

And one after re-assembly:

Honda Civic 10th gen How to Adjust Front Camber on a Tenth Gen Civic backtogether

I will also attach a copy of the alignment procedures straight from Honda, originally posted by member @ayau.

Hopefully this proves helpful to someone.

Attachments

OP
OP
360glitch

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Here is the part number to the sticker that covers the hole:

QTY: (2)
91607-T0T-000

49a7a77e-59a5-4bca-bb12-4376b9b555be-jpeg.jpg

img_5880-png.png
These are about $1 each so be ready to re-finance your car in order to purchase them. :D

shadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 STI, 15 CRV, 16 Civic RS Turbo, 18 Civic Type R
Country flag
Last edited:

Mikex18

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
So yo thread a nut on it and turn it clock wise?

Trey

R-00621
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #00621
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So yo thread a nut on it and turn it clock wise?
It wasn't that easy for me. I used a few washers and a nut thinking it would pull the stud out but it didn't. I had to tug and pull as well to get it to free up. Nothing major but not what I expected.

Mikex18

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
It wasn't that easy for me. I used a few washers and a nut thinking it would pull the stud out but it didn't. I had to tug and pull as well to get it to free up. Nothing major but not what I expected.
So you put washer so the nut cant go further than the threaded part?

OP
OP
360glitch

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So you put washer so the nut cant go further than the threaded part?
You want the washers to be a little above the threaded section.

Mikex18

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Thatss perfect guyss

Thanks alot!! I will do this when i get my new wheels, i know i wont get -2° of this..but it will help!

werdna

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Country flag
After doing this, when you take it to an alignment shop. Do you tell them to leave the camber spec and only fix the toe and caster?

OP
OP
360glitch

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

werdna

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Country flag
So, I tried doing this without any washer and now the bolt is stuck on the loose nut.. Bad decision on my part.

OP
OP
360glitch

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So, I tried doing this without any washer and now the bolt is stuck on the loose nut.. Bad decision on my part.
Sounds like you are going to have to get up under the nut to try to pry/pop it out. Try to put something between your prying tool and the painted surface to protect it from scratches.
Sponsored