How should I deal with damage caused by the dealership?

Mossy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic coupe 2017
Country flag
Last tuesday I went to the dealership for an oil change and to install the fog lights. I was in a hurry and couldn't check the car before getting out of there. Later that same day I notice a lot of scratches on the front bumper and stains on the plastic part under the chromed H logo. I called back at the dealer and told them. The guy in the service area told me he had the inspection of my car prior to the service and that I can go back this friday for a check up. He suggested that maybe they could remove the scratches by polishing it. At least I took some pictures of the front end of the car on sunday which show that it doesn't have any type of marks or scratches.

At the moment that's the deal, but this being the first time a dealership have cause some kind of damage to a car I own I don't know what should I ask for besides being repaired or fixed on the same conditions I took my car there before the work. So how can I deal with this type of situation?

(sorry for my english but is not my native language and I'm really mad at this point)
Sponsored

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Last tuesday I went to the dealership for an oil change and to install the fog lights. I was in a hurry and couldn't check the car before getting out of there. Later that same day I notice a lot of scratches on the front bumper and stains on the plastic part under the chromed H logo. I called back at the dealer and told them. The guy in the service area told me he had the inspection of my car prior to the service and that I can go back this friday for a check up. He suggested that maybe they could remove the scratches by polishing it. At least I took some pictures of the front end of the car on sunday which show that it doesn't have any type of marks or scratches.

At the moment that's the deal, but this being the first time a dealership have cause some kind of damage to a car I own I don't know what should I ask for besides being repaired or fixed on the same conditions I took my car there before the work. So how can I deal with this type of situation?

(sorry for my english but is not my native language and I'm really mad at this point)
Your English is fine,way better than some who's native language it actually is,lol. Sorry about your car :( I would say if you just asked them to fix what they messed up, it wouldn't be asking too much. If you have proof it wasn't like that when you brought it in, then I wouldn't take any crap from them, if they give you any. Its tough nowadays and I'm guilty of fearing the worst before I even go in for issues anymore.

Loccust

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI Coupe
It's all in how you interact with them. It's ok to be mad and they understand that you are going to be, but if you just tell them that you are upset and expect that it be corrected they should be fine with that. It's when you start asking for free stuff in return that you are pushing your luck. I look at it like this. It happened and there is no way to change it, so now it's getting things back to normal. The dealership wants you happy and wants your business down the road so if you feel like you are getting the runaround then ask to speak to the next person higher up than the person you are talking to. Keep doing this until someone listens to you.

OP
OP
Mossy

Mossy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic coupe 2017
Country flag
It's all in how you interact with them. It's ok to be mad and they understand that you are going to be, but if you just tell them that you are upset and expect that it be corrected they should be fine with that. It's when you start asking for free stuff in return that you are pushing your luck. I look at it like this. It happened and there is no way to change it, so now it's getting things back to normal. The dealership wants you happy and wants your business down the road so if you feel like you are getting the runaround then ask to speak to the next person higher up than the person you are talking to. Keep doing this until someone listens to you.
I really just want the car to be restored or fixed like it was before the damage was done. The only part I don't know if I'm asking too much is that a least I should get a loaner so I can do my job while they polish it or do what they want to do. This was not in my plans for the week.

David Harper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe
Country flag
my experience has been that they have a lot of idiots working at the dealer service dept. They don't want to pay top wages for good people. Most dealers are independently owned which means they don't give a shit about the customer or the quality of service because they have no vested interest in Honda motor co. It's all about profits. This is the brave new (right wing) world America has become.
Sponsored