How safe is the 19.5/23psi really for the 1.5t si engine?

OP
OP
RoB y4h3ll

RoB y4h3ll

First Name
Deric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda civic Si sedan, 2016 Honda civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So, I've experimented with the quick settings to help with the slippage issue. It helps A LOT to turn down the response setting to either factory or improved response 1. I don't really have the issue much anymore. I was definitely slipping. I really think this issue has something to do with this change up in the final drive. I don't see many people having this issue with the starter tunes in the 19's - . Also, the improved response 2 just doesn't seem like its worth using if I have to start at 4k rpms every time I wanna jump someone to avoid slipping.... Lol. I can at least boost creep/blowoff for funzies again with this improved response 1 option.

Last thing, I slips in 4th gear ... no getting out of it with out getting a better clutch. 1-2-3 is all good. I think there is just such a tall gear/shorter final drive that causes this. I have seen people complain about slipping in 4th gear

Also noted that the base/23 is not infact base for the 2020's lol... it takes you straight to 17psi when it should be 14-15 so base has much better pickup than factory. Really, it should be renamed for the 2020's to 17/23psi ... or actually lower the base to 14-15.
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I think when KTuner does a "stock boost" base map, they give you the actual boost that Honda claims their factory tunes have. In reality, the Honda stock tune seems to be a couple psi less than advertised.

OP
OP
RoB y4h3ll

RoB y4h3ll

First Name
Deric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think when KTuner does a "stock boost" base map, they give you the actual boost that Honda claims their factory tunes have. In reality, the Honda stock tune seems to be a couple psi less than advertised.

Ahhh, I see. Usually I only see the 17 when at partial throttle with the factory tune on the car... so maybe thats why... yet I never saw the 20... not once. .... I see it all the time now lmao..

MutatedMango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Si FC3
Country flag
Just stay on top of your maintenance and don't abuse the car. And maybe its just me but I wouldn't feel comfortable letting the maintenance minder get as low as 15% before changing out the oil. Maybe 40%, but I do drive spiritedly a lot. Some things you shouldn't do are floor it or run the car hard before it's been properly warmed up, using anti-lag, and using low quality gas.

Honestly I wouldn't worry. A lot of people have been running that tune for awhile with no issues. Probably not as much feedback for the 2020 but unless there was some change In production quality theres no difference between the 2020 motor and the 2017-19
I'm honestly more concerned about the clutch than the engine on that base map

OP
OP
RoB y4h3ll

RoB y4h3ll

First Name
Deric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is your car broken in yet? Could it be because of that possibly?

Ohh yea lol, I am nearly at 12k miles ... idk ... I THINK I found the sweet spot for power. Only time will tell.
Sponsored