How rare or common to spot a Type R in your general area?

Knightof0

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP CTR, 2015 Mitsubishi EVO X MR, 2016 Toyota Rav4
Country flag
Being in NYC, I daily my R and i've seen around 20ish in my two years of driving around in one. Only ever had 3 opportunities of driving along side one, 2 CBP and a Rallye Red one. I've made the random trips up to the Catskills and seen 2 going through Bear Mountain and on the Palisades
Sponsored

SGP_TypeR

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type R
Country flag
I take that you’re maybe closer from the mid states to west coast?
I am actually from Pittsburgh Pennsylvania. Which is even more shocking because we have a ton of hills and snow. Subarus (wrx/sti) are extremely popular. I had a wrx in the past.

JohnnyL

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Coupe EX
Country flag
Hey guys I’m just wondering how often or how rare have you seen a Type R on the road since the beginning of its production til now and what color have you observed? For me in my area it’s a suburb of South Jersey and it’s a good amount of people in the general area. I have counted within the last 4 years maybe about 7-10 Type R in between traveling on the road way or knowing people that owned one between the colors of Black, Grey, White, and Red. The only color I haven’t seen is the yellow. How many have you seen and what were their colors?
About once every 3 months. Light blue and red.

OP
OP
Cartpusher

Cartpusher

First Name
Cuong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey
Country flag
Just took a road trip to Rhode Island from South Jersey and it’s almost a 7 hour drive each way passing through NYC and Connecticut and was lucky to see two. A grey and a black one. These are rare to spot!!!

Cayohuesojoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Honda Type-R
Country flag
I'm in Maryland near Annapolis. I rarely see another R. Since I bought mine new in 19' I've probably seen less than 20
My son and I perk up every time we see one on 695 around Baltimore. Maybe 1 or 2 per month though last week we saw the same blue one going opposite of us 2x in the morning. I DID see a Red one near my house ONCE and tried to track him down to check out his wheels but lost him on the u-turn. Other than that 1 Red one, I've only seen my Red one around Baltimore.

89AKurt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe EX-T, 1969 Chevrolet C-10 pickup
Country flag
I'm surprised, almost never. Lots of people with money in my town, but they prefer G-wagens and Bentleys.

OP
OP
Cartpusher

Cartpusher

First Name
Cuong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey
Country flag
I'm surprised, almost never. Lots of people with money in my town, but they prefer G-wagens and Bentleys.
Rich people aren’t going to be driving around in Honda’s probably more of a pride thing. They laugh at us in our civics

TheBatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CTR Boost Blue, '21 Mazda 3
Country flag
Rich people aren’t going to be driving around in Honda’s probably more of a pride thing. They laugh at us in our civics
While that's generally true, I've had a few more 'affluent' folks compliment both my car and vanity plate...so, they must at least have a sense of humor :)

OP
OP
Cartpusher

Cartpusher

First Name
Cuong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey
Country flag
While that's generally true, I've had a few more 'affluent' folks compliment both my car and vanity plate...so, they must at least have a sense of humor :)
At least they can get a good laugh at our weekend cars ?

MatT3T4

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type-R, 2018 MBZ S450, 2005 Lexus GX470
Country flag
We have CTR meets with 75 - 100 R's. Not super uncommon here, lol.

LostCypher

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 rsx type-s, 2004 tl
Country flag
In Boise Idaho area very rarely. I don't go to meets tho but I am in a group that has a few other owners. Used to drive past a white one on the way to base everyday but he pcs'd. I've never seen another PMM.
Sponsored