How rare or common to spot a Type R in your general area?

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
2-3 Daily

Today was a fun one...I noticed a BB on the shoulder so I pulled over to check on them. Turns out one of the 20's was Flat (not surprised), and in the 15-20 minute duration two other CTR's drove past that weren't able to stop

Honda Civic 10th gen How rare or common to spot a Type R in your general area? DSC_3621.JPG
Sponsored

OP
OP
Cartpusher

Cartpusher

First Name
Cuong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey
Country flag
2-3 Daily

Today was a fun one...I noticed a BB on the shoulder so I pulled over to check on them. Turns out one of the 20's was Flat (not surprised), and in the 15-20 minute duration two other CTR's drove past that weren't able to stop

DSC_3621.JPG
It sucks to have nice rims but easily get flat tires or damaged rims. I’m sure those 2 Type R owners felt some sympathy for that disabled Type R.

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
It sucks to have nice rims but easily get flat tires or damaged rims. I’m sure those 2 Type R owners felt some sympathy for that disabled Type R.
Both passing CTR owners are in our local Whatsapp owners chat wondering if everything was good. We have a mostly tightknit group here, with large meets attracting around 50 CTR's each time :)

wildbilly32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Porsche C4S 19 CTR #24184 19 Volvo XC40 R
Country flag
Around here the words "hen's teeth" pops to mind.

Saturday I saw a black one headed east on I-80 with out of state plates. I assume he/she was going home from the SCCA AutoX Nationals.

lexro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX 2006, Civic Sedan Sport 2019, Type R 2021
Country flag
I feel like i see more of them around since I started driving one too. laws of attraction, is that still a thing?

Anyway I see about 1 every 2 to 3 weeks or so. Downtown, highway etc.

OP
OP
Cartpusher

Cartpusher

First Name
Cuong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey
Country flag
Around here the words "hen's teeth" pops to mind.

Saturday I saw a black one headed east on I-80 with out of state plates. I assume he/she was going home from the SCCA AutoX Nationals.
It seems like all of the Type Rs are located on the west coast and its spread scarcely across other part of America.

OP
OP
Cartpusher

Cartpusher

First Name
Cuong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey
Country flag
[QUOTE="lexro, post: 1052982, member: 27368"
I feel like i see more of them around since I started driving one too. laws of attraction, is that still a thing?

Anyway I see about 1 every 2 to 3 weeks or so. Downtown, highway etc.
[/QUOTE] of course. LOA is a real thing just gotta pay attention. High vibes my friend. ?

bscags

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Up in North Jersey only about 5 or sosince they came out a few years ago. There's a SGP one I always see parked in a driveway in my town, saw a black one and another SGP on the highway a few weeks ago and a boost blue one the other day driving around Staten Island. Pretty rare sight for me other than sitting at the dealer.

OP
OP
Cartpusher

Cartpusher

First Name
Cuong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey
Country flag
Up in North Jersey only about 5 or sosince they came out a few years ago. There's a SGP one I always see parked in a driveway in my town, saw a black one and another SGP on the highway a few weeks ago and a boost blue one the other day driving around Staten Island. Pretty rare sight for me other than sitting at the dealer.
I’m down by Atlantic City and you’d think there will be more of it where you’re from because I know central to north Jersey is closer to New York and it’s more fast paste and cost of living it higher and there’s so much nicer cars up there.

FifStreet

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 PMM Civic Type R '07 MR Fit Sport (RIP)
Country flag
In the 3 years since I've had mine, I've only seen another on the road twice. I've come across others at cars and coffee and AutoX. but like other's have said, I still see more C8s and Hellcats, lol

Sall

First Name
Sally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic touring
Hey guys I’m just wondering how often or how rare have you seen a Type R on the road since the beginning of its production til now and what color have you observed? For me in my area it’s a suburb of South Jersey and it’s a good amount of people in the general area. I have counted within the last 4 years maybe about 7-10 Type R in between traveling on the road way or knowing people that owned one between the colors of Black, Grey, White, and Red. The only color I haven’t seen is the yellow. How many have you seen and what were their colors?
Type r are common I'd say here in Canada Ontario, there's literally 3 of them at my work, and I'll see at least 2 when I go out.

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I live in Kansas City. Exceedingly rare, as this is basically corvette, challenger and mustang land. I have seen maybe one other Type R in the past 3 years.

rwk226

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BMW 535xi N55
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Very rare to see a CTR here. Most that I see are simply passing through town. Not aware of anyone in my county that owns one to be honest.

I also see very few FK7s and Civic Si's, as well. I primarily see the regular Sedans, typically Sport models.

Red2k

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 MDX Type S, 2021 LE-69, 2016 BMW 740i, X5Mc
Country flag
I'm in central Texas. I have had my LE since December and have only seen 3 type R on the road. No LE yet. I drove to Dallas last week in my LE and was hoping I would run into another CTR but nope.

The ones I have seen so far- 2 White, 1 Red.
Sponsored