arnbrian

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI coupe
Country flag
Update: He could not find an SI in time so he went with a base GTI with a manual.
Sponsored

Deleted User 1886347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Exactly. I see so many tenners on a daily basis in and around Toronto, it's insane. They're as common as Caravans. hah. But I hardly ever see an Si and when I do, it's usually the sedan Si. As I've commented, I literally see less than 1 Si Coupe per week (average) around TO.
In London, the 10th gens are like caravans too lol. Other than my own Si Sedan, my co worker who is in her early 50’s, has an Si Coupe and they’re the only Sis I’ve seen in London. I seen a black one yesterday going opposite direction as myself, otherwise I haven’t seen a single one since I got my Si back in November.

As for Type R, I seen a Sonic Gray one about a year ago, and a CW one about 3 weeks ago that had a nice sound to it. Assuming they’re on the forums somewhere, lol.

stingray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX-P Coupe, 2013 CR-V
Country flag
I've seen quite a few in the sf bay area. In the city I can imagine less people would want a manual because of the hills. These cars aren't rare at all. I've seen 20s at a few dealers in the area too.

It might be more rare in Michigan where there are stronger ties to American car companies.
In Arizona, very few. Not because Honda doesn’t make enough, but because dealers want to load Civics up with high priced options. Means no manuals. My dealer had one on the lot and sold it to me at $2200 under sticker. Not to mention the $1600 in dealer options, like the $800 wax job, for free. I wanted a hatch with manual, and not one in Phoenix. All CVT. Grabbed the Si as soon as I saw it.

aldo

Banned
Banned
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
If you do a long bumper to bumper commute you’re just not going to see them, if you live in an area where there’s a lot of traffic you won’t see them a lot. Constantly pushing that clutch in is not enjoyable in traffic and goes for any vehicle with a manual transmission.

ripcord291

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Platinum White Pearl
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Here in indianapolis, IN i see a good amount of 10th gen civics. i see alot of sport HB and handful of Type Rs but i rarely see SI's.

Bail

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic si
Country flag
In my area as far as I've noticed I have the only 10th gen Si around. And there is one Type R but I haven't seen it for a while, I think buddy put it away for the winter.

Edit: There's a whole bunch of them around now, mostly coupes.

Last edited:

bakingpancake

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si 2018
Country flag
If we're talking about regular civics like on non si's and non type r's there's a BUNCH in the bay area. Like you cannot turn into a street without seeing a fucking 10th gen civic. It's kind of annoying.

Senator-From-Naboo

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si 4dr BLK, 2011 Mustang GT 5.0 6MT
Country flag
I am in Michigan and i went all around Metro-Detroit and test drove 6 Si's (5 sedans, and 1 coupe) before buying mine in December.
The 2017-18 go quickly when they pop back up and its hard to get the new ones down on price too. Its the effect of the big 3.

hunterkiller

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Si
Country flag
Just took a look at some dealers here north of Boston. The dealer I bought my '19 at has none, but another with 3 or 4 different locations in eastern Mass has 8, all sedans. A 3rd has 1 sedan and 1 coupe. I don't see very many on the roads around here, buy there are a few. My guess is traffic congestion in the area and the fact that all are manual transmissions has a lot to do with this. Interestingly enough, I see more Type R's than I would think I'd see.

Last edited:

ebhaynz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017
Country flag
I'm here in Vegas and I drive all around the valley and I rarely see an Si. Heck, I'm more likely to see an older gen than a 10 gen. Just last night I caught a couple of kids in an older gen Si gawking at me, for a sec I thought my hair was on fire lol. Manuals just aren't selling in the U.S., the Si might be the last of a dying breed.

Siiick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500, 20 Bolt EV, 19 Z06
Country flag
I wouldn't call it rare but it's definitely not common either. I've only run across maybe half a dozen out on the streets since I picked mine up back in November. I always give a thumbs up when I do see them :thumbsup:

maggs_10thgen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe Old whips: 2005 RSX Type S, 2015 Civic Si Coupe, 1998 Integra GSR Green, 1998 Integra GSR Red
Country flag
I use to have a 9thgen Si coupe. I hardly see any of those on the road. In fact, I can't remember the last time seeing one. Haven't seen an 05-06 RSX-S in a minute either. Forget about old school Type Rs, GSRs and older gen Si's. They're a dying breed. A lot of the old school hondas got jacked. Which contributed to their near extinctions quicker. Combined with less being produced than standard models. Owning GSRs 99-00 Si's in the late 90s and early 2000s was a nightmare. You'd literally have people following you home at night for that B18C or B16. I could tell you insane stories from that era.

Last edited:

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I think those of you that are saying it's not rare are using the term differently than what the OP was actually asking. He was surprised they were so hard to find at dealerships. It wasn't him asking if was rare like a 1994 Ferrari F40 LM or something. :cool:

In terms of 10th gen Civics, the Si is nearly as hard to find as a Type R. According to cars.com here is the current approximate nationwide Civic inventory:

Type R: 400
Civic Si: 500
"Regular" Civics: 38,000+

Doing the math, only 1.3% of current inventory are Si's. Or put another way, if a dealer had 100 Civics, they'd likely only have 1 Civic Si.

maggs_10thgen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe Old whips: 2005 RSX Type S, 2015 Civic Si Coupe, 1998 Integra GSR Green, 1998 Integra GSR Red
Country flag
I think those of you that are saying it's not rare are using the term differently than what the OP was actually asking. He was surprised they were so hard to find at dealerships. It wasn't him asking if was rare like a 1994 Ferrari F40 LM or something. :cool:

In terms of 10th gen Civics, the Si is nearly as hard to find as a Type R. According to cars.com here is the current approximate nationwide Civic inventory:

Type R: 400
Civic Si: 500
"Regular" Civics: 38,000+

Doing the math, only 1.3% of current inventory are Si's. Or put another way, if a dealer had 100 Civics, they'd likely only have 1 Civic Si.
Hmm I wonder if they were produced more or less then the older gens. The inventory sounds about right though. There aren't many on the lots.
Sponsored