How production ready is the Civic concept?

Whoosh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Most concepts are pretty out there but the Civic concept looks like it is ready to hit showrooms with just a few minor changes. You guys think this is pretty much what the 2016 Civic is going to look like?

What changes would you make?
Sponsored

Guzmannn

Threads
Reaction score
Take a look at the difference between the Civic Type R Concept and the production model and we got our answer I think.

Concept vs production Type R

Honda Civic 10th gen How production ready is the Civic concept? honda-type-r-concept-Geneva-2014-19

Honda Civic 10th gen How production ready is the Civic concept? 03-2016-honda-civic-type-r-geneva-1

Honda Civic 10th gen How production ready is the Civic concept? Loe4doe

RSXer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 RSX
I'd still take the concept but it is pretty damn close. I hope the production 16 Civic retains the concept's nice front end.

Did anyone at Honda say if this was just a radical design to gauge feedback ?

05 Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Si Coupe
That white production Type-R is sweet enough! Sure its missing the bigger fenders but that's really about the only major difference. I'll take one in white just like that !!

peskyundead

Threads
Reaction score
Country flag
I hope the new civic stays close to the concept. If you look back at the 2006 civic concept, it ended up nearly identical to the production version.

Izze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ILX
I hope the new civic stays close to the concept. If you look back at the 2006 civic concept, it ended up nearly identical to the production version.
Good point. I didn't follow closely back then, how much time between concept and production model in 2006?

Uncle Jack

Threads
Reaction score
Pretty sure they already said Fall 2015 is when it will be available. That's about 6 months or so away but for most of us I'm guessing more unless you are opting for the sedan.

C Note

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
--
Pretty sure they already said Fall 2015 is when it will be available. That's about 6 months or so away but for most of us I'm guessing more unless you are opting for the sedan.
So we're talking next year for sure for anyone wanting the coupe or hatch?

Tuttle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBR600RR
i wonder why so long if they won't be making any significant changes to the US versions and it will simply be imported?
Sometimes the changes needed to be compliant for US market are more than skin deep, like emissions or safety standards etc.

iamjack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
I wish they woulda dropped the Type R first then all that good trickle down publicity will help with the standard Civic sales. Instead we'll get at least two years drooling over that new Type R they showed in Geneva with no way of buying it here. :(

Izze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ILX
Judging by the latest spy pics it is about as close as any concept I have seen. I like when they show us production intent concepts and not wild fantasies with 90% features you will never see on the production car.
Sponsored