How old is too old to buy a Type R? (FK8)

How old is too old to buy a Type R (FK8)

• Total voters

10GenPearlSi

Old Man
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm 52 and ended up in an SI. I wanted an R but wouldn't pay ADM. My 80 year old father bought a 124 Abarth Spyder with a manual last year.
Kewl on your father! I wanted to buy a Type R, but didn't like the price delta too so I settled for a Civic Si. FWIW I am just 71 years young. Slowly modding the Si now.

Last edited:

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 el camino ls swap, 18 civic 6speed, 86 Porsche 911 (euro spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hmm corvette very midlife crisis...i plan to get one for mine as well :respect:

Plombhpa

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R, F150
Country flag
Hey...I'll be honest with you, I think it's a bit too boy racer myself...but then I realized that it's the driving experience that matters most...I'll be 45 in less than a week and I just picked up mine last Thursday. Like my dad tried to teach me long ago...stop worrying about what everyone else thinks and do what YOU want! Get one! You won't regret it!
I’m going to be 64 in 3 months and I have had my Type R for almost 2 years now. If your not dead drive what ever you want.

Nath

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I might be 62,..but my driving instructor at Laguna Seca is 70, believe it or not! He drives a winged Subaru product, but the first time he drove my 2018 Type R around that track my eyeballs almost flew through the windshield. Above the roar, I heard him yell.."DAMN this thing's got SOME BRAKES!"
Speaking of "old age"..last year I climbed Mt Whitney and there was a hiker at the >14.5k ft summit celebrating his 77th birthday like a friggin mountain goat. I also climbed il Cervino (the Matterhorn from the Italian side) with a mountain guide in his early 70's. The grizzled bastard was guzzling grappa from a boda bag the entire climb.
Before you wonder about your age vs buying the Type R, I suggest you to listen to Past Lives, by BORNS,..listen to it 2 or 3 times and see if you receive the Calling, like I did.

Plombhpa

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R, F150
Country flag
I might be 62,..but my driving instructor at Laguna Seca is 70, believe it or not! He drives a winged Subaru product, but the first time he drove my 2018 Type R around that track my eyeballs almost flew through the windshield. Above the roar, I heard him yell.."DAMN this thing's got SOME BRAKES!"
Speaking of "old age"..last year I climbed Mt Whitney and there was a hiker at the >14.5k ft summit celebrating his 77th birthday like a friggin mountain goat. I also climbed il Cervino (the Matterhorn from the Italian side) with a mountain guide in his early 70's. The grizzled bastard was guzzling grappa from a boda bag the entire climb.
Before you wonder about your age vs buying the Type R, I suggest you to listen to Past Lives, by BORNS,..listen to it 2 or 3 times and see if you receive the Calling, like I did.
All of your trips sound good to me. My last great hike was in the Grand Tetons to watch the eclipse. I looking forward to some great trips after I retire in July.

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
The Tetons, and most of the Western USA, are spectacular! We drove it 4 years ago and what great memories.

Nath

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
The Tetons, and most of the Western USA, are spectacular! We drove it 4 years ago and what great memories.
Good for you,..I drove that trip with the Inlaws in a minivan last year and it was unmitigated Hell On Earth. You know, like in Dan McGrew..."and the lust awoke to kill, to kill.." I saw a few Bison, and was wondering if they'd trample my father in law in return for some apples.

bushido69

First Name
Hiro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Type R, 2012 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT, 2002 Lexus ES300
Country flag
I’m not too old for a Ctr, but still not old enough for a Camry or Avalon TRD. Lol
Sponsored