How old are y’all

TheKevinlyFather

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe (Sold), 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec (SH-AWD)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How would you compare your Si to the RSX S? I bought a ‘06 RSX base for my son. I keep thinking that my Si coupe is just a 12 year newer version of an RSX S. 205 HP, 6 speed coupe which are about the same size. In some ways, Honda hasn’t changed much in that time (like why don’t we have 250 hp?).
So much has changed, yet so much is the same (I'm talking to you, stupid 2nd gear and crap subwoofer lol).

The guy below your question answered it pretty completely. There's a lot more stuff that comes with this gen Si, compared to the old RSX-S (better electronics, adaptive dampers, LSD, cameras, mid-range torque, etc). The RSX was a torque-less wonder, for sure. But, it was still decently quick and that vtech sound at WOT was just amazing. If you wanted to beef up your HP numbers, that motor could take on a lot of power.

Great car for its time, and would still be fun to drive to this day IMO. Clearly outclassed by the current SI, though.
Sponsored

Apone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2015 Lexus RC-F
Country flag
43 with quite a few cars behind me. This is my 3rd civic and second civic Si. I had the 1999 coupe that brought the B18 engine back to the US in a Honda. That car ended up stolen and insurance paid me more than I paid for it new! That car was in demand.

I've worked personally on most of my cars up until now where I don't have time or will to get under there. Those include:

86 Honda civic (first car)
1995 Doge Neon DOHC - TOTALLED
1994 Mazda MX-3 v6 (smallest v6 ever!)
1999 Honda Civic Si - STOLEN
2003 Nissan Sentra Spec-V (hated this car)
2002 Subaru WRX
2008 Infiniti G37s
2015 Lexus RCF - current own - summer
2017 Honda Civic Si - current own - daily

Don't think I've ever listed them all out like that. I'm getting old.

Last edited:

VChakerian

First Name
Vahag
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FC1 - 19 Civic Sedan Si
Country flag
just turned 25, and this my second SI. I had a 2013 Honda Civic Si, 2015 Infiniti Q50, and now a 2019 Honda Civic Si. I made the mistake of leasing a Q50 and will never make the same mistake again. So happy getting myself back into the Civic that I got a speeding ticket the first month of owning the car.

black18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
coming up on 24. this is my 4th car after owning 3 volvos (02 s60, 05 s60r, 07 s60r). the 07 is currently waiting for an engine rebuild/replacement but is my toy car, 02 was passed down to my brother and 05 sold :)

YankeeSi

First Name
jerad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 si sedan
Country flag
I'm 34 and this is my fourth honda. Had a lot of cars but i always seem to come back to honda's, and i seem to have a trend of liking boosted vehicles over n/a.

1. 1992 mitsubishi eclipse gsx
2. 92 civic cx hatch b18c1 swap
3. 2002 pontiac grand prix gtp
4. 1993 civic si hatch ls/vtec with gt35r turbo...car was insane
5. 2006 infiniti g35 coupe 6m
6. 2002 ford f150 svt lightning fbo/tuned
7. 2011 vw gti fbo stage 2 unitronic
8. 2013 vw golf r apr stage 3 with gtx2867 turbo
9. 2013 jeep grand cherokee srt 8 6.4l
10. 2018 honda accord sport 2.0 10A
11. 2018 civic si FBO TSP stg 2

Trevor_Brown

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si / 2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
Just turned 22. On my 3rd Si (fourth Honda). Had a 98 Prelude with an H22A swap. Bought a ram 1500 (hemi) Sold it for a 06 Si coupe. Swapped that with a K24 after hydrolocking it. Then a 13 Si sedan and now my 18 Si sedan and a 16’ Mazda CX-5

Nerd-Vol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si Sedan, 2004 S2000
Country flag
32. I just put my order in for a blue sedan yesterday.

This is the first car I’ve ever had to order, but this is also the first time I’ve not had to compromise when purchasing.

It will be replacing my 2016 Mazda 3 and will split time with my 2004 S2000.

BPF129

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm 34...3rd civic I've owned, 2nd Si...used to have an '07. What a difference!

23. This is my first car that I bought on my own. My previous was a 98 civic lx 5 speed. I guess I caught the manual bug.
Congrats! I remember my first car I was able to purchase...it was such a great feeling!

ladysi

First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si black sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just turned 37. I have owned 25+ cars over the years, mostly beaters, multiple times I had 3 cars, all with issues, and I would fix the cheapest problem of the lot. 4 years ago I grew tired of the stress of driving/repairing $500 beaters, and I leased a Corolla. 1 year ago I decided to buy and settled on an MT civic. Then the dealer put me in an si for funsies.

I bought the si. 10 minute test drive and I knew it was for me. Took 1 week for them to locate a black one though.... worth it.

Maleton3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe (Tonic Yellow Pearl)
Country flag
I'm 18 :headbang:. This is actually my first Car and I'm paying for it all myself too, so very excited!!! Before this I would just drive my Dads Mini Cooper Sport when I would come back from University (I Just finished my 2nd year, about to start 3rd), and I fell in love with Manual Transmission Cars. Definitely seems like I am one of the younger guys on the forum, but that just means I can learn even more from y'all that have been driving and modding 2 or 3x longer than I've been alive! :D (And yes the Insurance on this sucks for an 18 year old :(, my wallet hurts from the insurance companies)

wes1099

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I'm 18 :headbang:. This is actually my first Car and I'm paying for it all myself too, so very excited!!! Before this I would just drive my Dads Mini Cooper Sport when I would come back from University (I Just finished my 2nd year, about to start 3rd), and I fell in love with Manual Transmission Cars. Definitely seems like I am one of the younger guys on the forum, but that just means I can learn even more from y'all that have been driving and modding 2 or 3x longer than I've been alive! :D (And yes the Insurance on this sucks for an 18 year old :(, my wallet hurts from the insurance companies)
Wow I'm 19 and I didn't think I would find anyone younger than me on here. And yes I agree, insurance is rather painful.

RunningHot2017

20 years. Smashing gears.
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
BRO, I was 18 when I bought mine fr. Insurance is a drag for sure. Had to reply cause my younger brother drives a Mini Cooper S

Voitage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si 2017
Country flag
I'm 23 now. My first car was a 1999 Honda Civic Ex that I worked so hard at a Wendy's for. Got it for 2k with 140k Miles on it. It was so reliable and amazing on gas. I probably would have kept it longer but unfortunately my dumb brother took it for a ride one night without me knowing and totaled it. Fortunately, I had a job that payed me well enough to afford my 2017 Si. I actually brought the car without even knowing how to drive a Manual!
Sponsored