How old are all you CTR owners?

iLovePho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CW CTR #2060
Country flag
You guys really like the DC5 that much? I can't wait to get rid of mine. Plan to replace it with a CTR but getting rid of it no matter what. I like the looks but it's an absolute snore to drive. Maybe I'm too spoiled by the s2k for the old Honda scream and handling characteristics. Different preferences I guess. Oh and I'm 28 :wave:
Maybe it's the nostalgia/sentimental thing going on with me, but I had memories (good and bad) with my DC5. It was my first new car, my first manual trans car, the car I met my GF (now wife), my first "fast" car, and other things. Compared to an S2k, it might seem boring, but it will always have a special place in my heart:thumbsup:

typemismatch

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A whole farm of Hondas
Country flag
Maybe it's the nostalgia/sentimental thing going on with me, but I had memories (good and bad) with my DC5. It was my first new car, my first manual trans car, the car I met my GF (now wife), my first "fast" car, and other things. Compared to an S2k, it might seem boring, but it will always have a special place in my heart:thumbsup:
I ended up with a couple DC5 shells recently, I'm in the process of making one good chassis out of them and dropping my z3 swap with a Comptech supercharger into it.

Never had a DC5 before, I bought an FG2 instead. I hope it's as good as the rest of the Integra family.

LoganP

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type-R #2338 (SOLD) - 2020 Honda Civic Type-R #XXXX (In Production)
Country flag
Just turned 20, bought the car a few months after my 19th birthday

jcpca356

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i8, Type R, Panamera, Prius
Country flag

8yourv8

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type-R
Country flag

civicdabest-foo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic x 1.5L turbo CVT
Country flag
Not a CTR owner, but wow, what a diverse age range. You'd think the car would be driven mostly by 20 something year olds. But I see good age representation in the middle ages and some close to the baby boomer ages. Amazing. Can't think of many other bonafide sports cars that find appeal so broadly across the age spectrum.

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not a CTR owner, but wow, what a diverse age range. You'd think the car would be driven mostly by 20 something year olds. But I see good age representation in the middle ages and some close to the baby boomer ages. Amazing. Can't think of many other bonafide sports cars that find appeal so broadly across the age spectrum.
The internet seems to firmly think only 20 something’s would want this car. IMO if you can’t get over the looks of a car then it’s not for you. If you’re embarrassed to be seen in a CTR then you’ve got bigger issues. Those people have an option called the Golf R...

The comments on any Jalopnik article about a performance Honda or Acura are just infuriating when someone brings up the Type R. “I wish it was a more adult car” “Honda doesn’t know good design” “I want the car but I can’t be caught driving the Type R” Like come on...I hope Honda never tones the look of this car down. There is absolutely nothing like on it on the road and I appreciate it in this day of bland crossover-filled seas of snooze fest cars.

We should all point them here to show them that we have a large age range of CTR owners. :headbang:

typemismatch

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A whole farm of Hondas
Country flag
The internet seems to firmly think only 20 something’s would want this car. IMO if you can’t get over the looks of a car then it’s not for you. If you’re embarrassed to be seen in a CTR then you’ve got bigger issues. Those people have an option called the Golf R...

The comments on any Jalopnik article about a performance Honda or Acura are just infuriating when someone brings up the Type R. “I wish it was a more adult car” “Honda doesn’t know good design” “I want the car but I can’t be caught driving the Type R” Like come on...I hope Honda never tones the look of this car down. There is absolutely nothing like on it on the road and I appreciate it in this day of bland crossover-filled seas of snooze fest cars.

We should all point them here to show them that we have a large age range of CTR owners. :headbang:
I think most of the people commenting on Jalopnik articles are people that can't afford the car and have nothing better to do than troll the internet.

zsak

First Name
Tej
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Turbo S2000, 2014 SRT Jeep Grand Cherokee , 1998 Jeep Wrangler
Country flag
I agree one of the reasons I like this car is because it is different. Too many similar looking cars these days its good to have a bit of flavor.
Sponsored