GODSBEST00

First Name
Freddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback 10th Gen
What’s up everyone

Just picked up my PMM the other day and my wife commented that I’m getting too old for something with such a large wing.

I’ve been into Honda’s since 1988 when I had Jackson Racing suspension in my CRX.

I thought I was done til they announced the Civic Type-R was coming to the states and I knew I had to get one!! I’m glad I Did! My BEST Honda yet!

I’m 45 years old and proud!!

918B9252-DBB2-46FB-A3DC-E7F6930A00FE_zpspbaso52k.jpg

Here’s a few pics of my Honda’s from the past.

My TEG in Sport Compact Car:

83C088F2-1DA7-45FC-B73D-B9C0CF070AB9_zpsjws06oz9.jpg

PICT0117.jpg

SI.jpg

A3D494E5-A7D0-4012-A190-BF2B430519B0_zpsphu1z7rm.jpg
I’m 35. I’ve been married for 15 years and I know that if you’re wife said you’re too old for the car it means you’re looking younger than her and she’s jealous.
Sponsored

evolutionX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EVO X CTR 15925
Country flag
just turned 31
I saw some guys only 20-22 how much is the insurance per year at that age ?
I remember I have a rsx-s on 19 the insurance is 400+/month

CIVICSPORT

Doctor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Give me a lower profile wing, and no red seats and I would join this party.

TypeR_42

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R, 2014 Mazda6
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
54 turning 55 in October. First Honda was a 84 CRX 5 speed. Then a 85 CRX Si, 93 Civic EX, 97 Accord SE, and a 08 Si FA5 before the FK8 CTR

Bumflik

First Name
Kinte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ Wrangler . Sienna . Civic Type R FK8 '17
Country flag
41 and forever youthful

2017civicext

R-15474
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW Type R, 2021 CBP Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag
28 years old. I have never had anything but Honda. Went from Acura RSX to Civic Si up to a 2018 CW Type R!

remc86007

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
First person I've seen complain about the red seats. Sounds like you just want a different car. All the hate the R styling gets is hilarious to me. I do not once remember anyone in the early 2000s saying "if only they tone down the wing, I'd buy an [Evo, Sti, etc.]"

MonkeyConQueso

First Name
Armand
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR
Country flag
First person I've seen complain about the red seats. Sounds like you just want a different car. All the hate the R styling gets is hilarious to me. I do not once remember anyone in the early 2000s saying "if only they tone down the wing, I'd buy an [Evo, Sti, etc.]"
43 here, and I've heard exactly "If only they took the wing off, or made it smaller, I'd buy [*]" a lot. Hell, I said it a few times until the STi wing won me over from seeing WRXs in Seattle so much, then I wanted one... right before I realized the CTR was out, and pursued it. I hated the large wings for a long time before that, even the crazy one on the old Superbird and the like. In actuality, I hate the smaller worse now, since they freaking get in the way of the rear window view.

Any ways, opinions: people on this forum have also stated comments about the red seats. Everyone is going to have an opinion on everything, and certain things trigger people to love or hate things based on completely different reasons. Honestly to me, it's kind of neat to watch people go through the gamut of "I love this" or "I hate that" about things, but it's the enforcement that people are misguided for having that opinion that makes me shake my head. Sure there's questionable opinions from the viewpoint of our own opinions, and maybe even a majority of people think it's silly, but... :dunno:

P.S.: Not targeting you with my comments above. Your comment was "I think you want a different car" is totally valid though. I think they likely do, and maybe they'll get in in MY19...

Don't get me started on stance though. I become a hypocrite quickly (losing basic driving functionality of a vehicle doesn't seem right, auuuugh!)

remc86007

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I don't mind people not liking the car. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. What gets me is the random people I meet in parking lots that make a point to come over to me in my Type R and point out that "[they] would own one" if not for _____.

The Type R seems to elicit a sort of jealousy which makes people feel the need to justify the fact they don't have one.

bouford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 AP1/18 FK8/19 CV2
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
39, mod'n since 95. a few of my recent auto-x cars.

my18, PC A Eskaran
Honda Civic 10th gen How old are all you CTR owners? my18

my03 ASM build (link in sig, not selling this one), PC H Shek
Honda Civic 10th gen How old are all you CTR owners? my03

my01 (sold to a fellow auto-x'r for free co-drives), PC J Magno
Honda Civic 10th gen How old are all you CTR owners? my01

mydori (sold to a friend in kauai, so i don't have to see), PC H Shek
Honda Civic 10th gen How old are all you CTR owners? mydori

Z06_Pilot

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CBP CTR #15484 | Corvette Z06's | Toyota Tundra #2, | Mini Cooper Countryman Works edition | Can-Am Spyder | Ducati X-Diavel
Country flag
But then it wouldn't exactly be a CTR party :)

56 going on 25 here.
Sponsored