lid6662

First Name
matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Country flag
I Got My type R the day after my birthday , I'm now 36 !!!!

typemismatch

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A whole farm of Hondas
Country flag
39. late 90's I wasted printer ink to print photos of the R. Who didn't have a Type R in their Gran Turismo garage?!?
Sadly, I was a Mitsubishi guy in my Gran Turismo days ...

I'm better now.

MonkeyConQueso

First Name
Armand
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR
Country flag
the only way my kids are getting anything over 200 whp is if we co-drive together at auto-x :D
Hell, I know what I did with 120WHP at 18, I'd feel the same way. But I can only imagine if I had access to Auto-X at that age, and how much less shenanigans I would have gotten into.

bouford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 AP1/18 FK8/19 CV2
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Hell, I know what I did with 120WHP at 18, I'd feel the same way. But I can only imagine if I had access to Auto-X at that age, and how much less shenanigans I would have gotten into.
:thumbsup: i don't want to force it on my kids (as i've seen some lose interest in the junior carts).
if they want a car that's performance based, they better prove to me they have the basic skills to warrant it.

MonkeyConQueso

First Name
Armand
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR
Country flag
:thumbsup: i don't want to force it on my kids (as i've seen some lose interest in the junior carts).
if they want a car that's performance based, they better prove to me they have the basic skills to warrant it.
That's very valid; I was more making the statement from my PoV. Out of my (possibly) future two sons-in-law, only one who is on the cusp of learning might want to go that path. It'll be interesting to see, since neither his dad or mom are car people. He's determining if he wants to have me teach him right now, and help him find a car, so I'm waiting to see what he's drawn to.

bouford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 AP1/18 FK8/19 CV2
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
i agree with your POV. i wish i wasn't so broke in college or i would have kept my crx and auto-x'd.
7 year build for my03 AP1 but glad i was able to finish it and enjoy auto-x (with other builds).

i think it's hard to become an enthusiast if you are not one already one but good luck to them.