First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR BBP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Will be 33 on November 30th. Really diverse group of people we have here!

Jadester16

First Name
Jade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
Whatā€™s up everyone

Just picked up my PMM the other day and my wife commented that Iā€™m getting too old for something with such a large wing.

Iā€™ve been into Hondaā€™s since 1988 when I had Jackson Racing suspension in my CRX.

I thought I was done til they announced the Civic Type-R was coming to the states and I knew I had to get one!! Iā€™m glad I Did! My BEST Honda yet!

Iā€™m 45 years old and proud!!

918B9252-DBB2-46FB-A3DC-E7F6930A00FE_zpspbaso52k.jpg

Hereā€™s a few pics of my Hondaā€™s from the past.

My TEG in Sport Compact Car:

83C088F2-1DA7-45FC-B73D-B9C0CF070AB9_zpsjws06oz9.jpg

PICT0117.jpg

SI.jpg

A3D494E5-A7D0-4012-A190-BF2B430519B0_zpsphu1z7rm.jpg
50 years young!

BABY NSX

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2019 Toyota Sienna, 2006 Toyota Highlander, 1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye
Country flag
For you older owners, what other cars did you look at before getting the Type R. Has it met all of your expectations?I have been thinking on what car to get next as I use to have a Cadillac ATS-V which was a phenomenal performance car however due to GM reliability it was bought back as a lemon. Since then I have been looking for a new daily sedan that is fun and reliable. My top picks were a used Charger Hellcat, and a used F80 M3 but after contemplating for a bit I am just thinking they maybe overkill for my needs. Also I am also liking the idea of not spending $50k on a used car. I have looked at the Type R and I liked the space and hatchback aspect of the car. The interior was nice in the front, didn't care for the rear seat material but with young kids it may work better. The one hump I am having a hard time coming over is the FWD. I have never bought a fwd car before because of the way they drove but it seems that the R has some magic. With that being said we get a fair amount of snow up here so it would work better than the M3 and Hellcat. Also I have a Turbo S2000 that I have owned for the past 15 years and just love it and I am hoping the Type R will give me the same feeling of passion. Sorry for being long winded but I want to make the best decision possible. Thanks again

Ok, physically 51, mentally 12!

Iā€™m just a big kid I guess. I figure get this car while I can twist my back and wiggle my butt into the drivers seat.

Cars considered? Ok, I had a 2003 Accord with a stick that was a great car but the wife said trade it in while it still runs. Had needed repairs more often now.

So cars I wanted were like a Challenger Scat Pack since I have a ā€˜72 Challenger I wanted a matching car or else a Hellcat but wifey shot that down quick. Sheā€™s the voice of sanity for me. She also shot down a Mustang GT.

Wanted a stick and something with a V8 so the 2007-2013 BMW e92 M3 came to mind. Found a last year 2013 e92 in white with carbon fiber roof and Competition Package but wife shot that down as she might drive the car and wanted a new car. Didnā€™t want a 7 year old car. Plus those engines had issues with crank bearings such that that replacing them is part of regular maintenance past 60,000 miles and throttle actuators too. Maintenance in general is more expensive with German performance cars. If youā€™re gonna play, you gonna pay.

So the choices per the wife was to get a Honda or a Jeep Wrangler. The Wrangler made me motion sick so we went to the Honda dealership down the street. She likes Hondas so I was actually looking for 2019 Honda Accord 2.0 Sport with a manual transmission then saw a used CTR and test drove it for fun. Wife said we could get either so I went with a new CTR.

The CTR, despite it being pricier than a regular Civic, is such a reasonable car. You get practicality with the hatchback, great performance and hopefully great reliability. Itā€™s such a good all around car. Is it a drag race machine? Nope. Do I love driving it? Absolutely!

BABY NSX

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2019 Toyota Sienna, 2006 Toyota Highlander, 1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye
Country flag
Whatā€™s up everyone

Just picked up my PMM the other day and my wife commented that Iā€™m getting too old for something with such a large wing.

Iā€™ve been into Hondaā€™s since 1988 when I had Jackson Racing suspension in my CRX.

I thought I was done til they announced the Civic Type-R was coming to the states and I knew I had to get one!! Iā€™m glad I Did! My BEST Honda yet!

Iā€™m 45 years old and proud!!

918B9252-DBB2-46FB-A3DC-E7F6930A00FE_zpspbaso52k.jpg

Hereā€™s a few pics of my Hondaā€™s from the past.

My TEG in Sport Compact Car:

83C088F2-1DA7-45FC-B73D-B9C0CF070AB9_zpsjws06oz9.jpg

PICT0117.jpg

SI.jpg

A3D494E5-A7D0-4012-A190-BF2B430519B0_zpsphu1z7rm.jpg
I too thought about the big wing and would I look like a clown driving this car around or a wanna be teenager. But then I saw spy shots of a 2020 CTR with the small wing and it didnā€™t do the car justice And then realized how cool that large wing is!

Love your Integra! I had a white 1990 Integra GS with ā€˜95 GSR rims. Beat the snots out of that car and it kept coming back for more!

Funny story. I had that Integra (Dubbed ā€œBaby NSXā€ but now itā€™s my CTR name.) when I used to work at Acura of Boston like 1991. Didnā€™t have money for mods so when I cut off a rotted muffler from a customer car I would save the inlet and outlet pipe and stick a turbo or Cherry bomb straight through muffler on it to experiment with exhaust. Took off the factory muffler and kept it in the basement.

A used car guy came up to me and said thereā€™s a used ā€˜91 Integra that a lady wants to buy but it has some racing muffler on it and the lady says itā€™s too loud and if I could do anything for them. I told them I have my factory muffler I could swap in for them. That way the lady is happy, the used car department doesnā€™t have to pay a cent to fix the car and I get a Racing muffler.

Well on a Saturday I set to swap out the mufflers when I pulled it from the used car line just 10 feet and the car didnā€™t fee right, like stock. It was a base LS with plastic hubcaps butnit didnā€™t act stock I pulled it in the shop and put it up in the lift. Turns out it didnā€™t just have a racing muffler as the used car guy said. It had a full header back 3ā€ exhaust, Mugen Racing coils/struts and aftermarket front and rear sway bars.

I told the used car guy it wasnā€™t just a racing muffler on the car and told him all the stuff I found. He said, ā€œI donā€™t care what you do. So long as itā€™s done by 5:00pm you can do anything you like.ā€

So I pulled both cars in the shop and swapped the whole exhaust and suspension. The lady got a smooth riding, quiet Integra, the used car department donā€™t have to pay a cent for the work and I got all the racing parts for free!

Z06_Pilot

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CBP CTR #15484 | Corvette Z06's | Toyota Tundra #2, | Mini Cooper Countryman Works edition | Can-Am Spyder | Ducati X-Diavel
Country flag
Man I love seeing all these gray-hairs (like me, at 57) getting into this car. At least 10 times since I have owned the car, when I get out, someone will say "I was expecting some kid to crawl out of that car". I am always sure to tell them I am a kid, I just went gray very early.

BABY NSX

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Man I love seeing all these gray-hairs (like me, at 57) getting into this car. At least 10 times since I have owned the car, when I get out, someone will say "I was expecting some kid to crawl out of that car". I am always sure to tell them I am a kid, I just went gray very early.
So funny!

Guy at work left before me one day and asked me the next day if I drove to work as he didnā€™t see my car in the parking lot, just some kids car. I said that kids car is my car!

Like some reviews have said, the demographics for this car are weird. Teenagers want this car but canā€™t afford it. Older people like this car but donā€™t want to be seen driving in it.

My wife is 53 and loves this car. Thinks itā€™s really cute! She calls it, ā€œThe Rā€.

Eric48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Country flag
This forum is going to skew older simply because it's a forum.

Also, as much as everyone says Type R is for boy racers, try being 18 and affording one on your own.
100% agree w/ this. Asking this same quesion on facebook or reddit will get you different results.

To answer the OP. I just turned 40. The FK is my 9th (of 10) cars, 8 of which have been Honda's
Sponsored