How often does your low tire pressure warning come on?

garoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 RYP S2K, 18 CW CTR
Country flag
That is correct. They no longer have the TPMS sensors on the valve stems that have batteries in them (like my 09 Civic did).
I believe this is true, but not on the CTR. I could be wrong. I know the CR-V doesn't have it on the valve stems, but the CTR still does. Can anyone factually confirm this?
Sponsored

kg4fxg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring Black
Country flag
I park in the garage. Temps have been in the 28 degrees. No warning as of yet.

Slap KFD

Slapboogz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 1998 Honda Accord
Country flag
I got my Type R in January less than a month ago. Ive had the tire pressure warning come on 3 times so far within the 940 miles on the car. The first time was about a week after i picked the car up fro. The dealer. Turns out as usual, the dealer calibrated the tires at 50psi. So i lowered the psi to 35/33 front/back and recalibrated. 2nd time was after some pretty moderate to hard driving. But the pressure wasnt low. So i recalibrated again. Yesterday it came on again. So i parked it in the garage. This morning, i checked all tires. Outside temp was 40. Front tires were 37 and rears were 35. I just recalibrated again. Just make sure u have a good pressure gauge. At least a $20 gauge or more so you're getting accurate readings

Mature Banana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
the TPMS warning came on after I changed to winter wheels. I drove to work, thinking my calibration just hadnā€™t gone through successfully, only to discover the driver-side rear tire was totally flat! I had a large screw in my new tire.... Iā€™m an idiot for not immediately double checking!!

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
twice over the year of ownership. 13k miles now. Both times I measured all 4 tires and none were low. Seems to happen more when the weather gets cold.

tsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Country flag
That is correct. They no longer have the TPMS sensors on the valve stems that have batteries in them (like my 09 Civic did).
my '17 Pilot has digital readout of PSI for each tire.. this Type R's TPMS is the first Honda I've had like this

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
my '17 Pilot has digital readout of PSI for each tire.. this Type R's TPMS is the first Honda I've had like this
My ā€˜15 Camry had this, I miss this feature on the CTR.

chitlins37

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18ā€™ CTR
Country flag
Mine came on after a temp dip early November right after I got the car. One of the service managers at Honda of Chantilly showed me how to reset it from the head unit and has been fine since....around 3.6k miles now.

OP
OP

rohnin

First Name
Iris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Update. My TPMS was going off almost every other week or so, and it was always the driver side rear. Turns out I had a nail and got it fixed! :)

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Mine came on for the first time yesterday with just a hair over 3000 miles on the car. None of the tires were low, if anything they were high. 38 psi when the door says 32. I lowered them to 35 (car was sitting for a few hours in 8 degree weather when i re-checked). Was really annoying that it went off for no reason.

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
I got my Type R in January less than a month ago. Ive had the tire pressure warning come on 3 times so far within the 940 miles on the car. The first time was about a week after i picked the car up fro. The dealer. Turns out as usual, the dealer calibrated the tires at 50psi. So i lowered the psi to 35/33 front/back and recalibrated. 2nd time was after some pretty moderate to hard driving. But the pressure wasnt low. So i recalibrated again. Yesterday it came on again. So i parked it in the garage. This morning, i checked all tires. Outside temp was 40. Front tires were 37 and rears were 35. I just recalibrated again. Just make sure u have a good pressure gauge. At least a $20 gauge or more so you're getting accurate readings
Mine was similar. Although honestly a $10 digital gauge is fine. I have the "slime" one. Never had issues with it.

Driveitlikeuboughtit

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR
Country flag
I bought a fancy Michelin gauge and I'm happier for it. It reads psi to the tenth, instead of just .5 increments like other digital gauges. I feel like I can tell the difference between 35.0 and ~35 psi.

My TPMS has gone off once, after I got my tires rotated. They reset my pressures for me, but the digital air pump they used had my pressures off by ~1-2 psi. I reset to 35.0 and 33.0 and no issues since.

Driveitlikeuboughtit

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR
Country flag
Mine came on for the first time yesterday with just a hair over 3000 miles on the car. None of the tires were low, if anything they were high. 38 psi when the door says 32. I lowered them to 35 (car was sitting for a few hours in 8 degree weather when i re-checked). Was really annoying that it went off for no reason.
The TPMS goes off when tires have *different* psi. It works by sensing if a tire is rotating differently than another due to different circumference because the pressure is different.

If both tires are set to the same psi, doesn't matter if it's high or low - tpms will not go off.

wildbilly32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Porsche C4S 19 CTR #24184 19 Volvo XC40 R
Country flag
Ok. Read all of the above. Will go out and do a reset. Picked car up end of Feb. when weather was really crappy. Only driven a couple of times once to wash off the crud from driving home from dealer. Snow is now gone and above 40f today so out running errands. When leaving the fifth stop with 30 total miles on the car I noticed the TPMS symbol was on. Stopped looked at tires(ok) and drove home about two miles. Let the car sit although tires were not "hot". Checked pressures all within 1-2#'s on viscous filled dial gauge. Added air just to be sure. Hopefully reset will fix.?
Sponsored