How often do you see the CTR?

CbusHondaFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Si TW, 2019 Civic Type R CW
Country flag
First time in months I've seen another CTR in the wild - an ABM one that passed me going the opposite way in Hilliard this weekend. That was also the first time I've ever seen a blue one in person.
I saw my doppelganger this weekend on State St. in Westerville - another CW CTR parked along the street - Drat! I was hoping I'd be the only CW CTR in this area :( - Also if anyone is interested, Roush Honda in Westerville just got another CW CTR in stock - that's where I purchased mine in late April - great experience and they sell at MSRP too! Ask for Jan, she was fabulous!
Sponsored

Teach-R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rallye Red CTR #22518; 2017 Golf R
Country flag
I've become convinced that I alone represent the entire Type R community for at least a 20 mile radius in the Capital Region of NY.
I’ve been up in Albany a couple times with mine. But to your point, my son noticed we have seen more Ferraris and McLarens then Type R’s here in the Hudson Valley

Last edited:

BurgerSlayer

First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I've only ever seen two. One was a PMM headed northbound on the 5. The other was wrapped in a flat gray, darker than the SGP in La Mirada X Imperial Hwy. Both looked good!

FifStreet

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 PMM Civic Type R '07 MR Fit Sport (RIP)
Country flag
I've become convinced that I alone represent the entire Type R community for at least a 20 mile radius in the Capital Region of NY.
I'm about 2.5 hours away if you ever want to see another Type R. lol. Want to plan an upstate NY meet? :dunno: although 2 CTRs in a parking lot sounds kinda sad. :)

mjonesjr8

First Name
Morris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Corvette Grand Sport
Country flag
i'm in b'ham Al, and i'm sure there are lots more but, I haven't seen them.

BerzerkerX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I keep seeing R's all over Long Island, NY lol. not very rare to me =(

speedvagen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sgp fk8 #r-26236
Country flag
For the last 6mo I saw a CW CTR every morning on my way into work here in Dayton, but for the last couple of weeks, nada. Other than that, only sporadic sightings, but always either CW or CBP

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
I'm about 2.5 hours away if you ever want to see another Type R. lol. Want to plan an upstate NY meet? :dunno: although 2 CTRs in a parking lot sounds kinda sad. :)
Lol I think that Palisades Mall is closer than that. They just had the Jersey Type R meet there.

Salespunk

First Name
MO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R, Ram 2500, 328 Wagon
Country flag
Funny, I am relocating from San Diego to Charlotte in a few weeks. I have seen way more in NC than Socal for some reason.

Dragnet

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2016 Accord Sport
Country flag
i'm in b'ham Al, and i'm sure there are lots more but, I haven't seen them.
Just saw a black one in Decatur, AL a few minutes ago. I know there's one already a black one in Decatur so it could be the same one I've been seeing. It looked like it may have had an airforce tag on it.

vivblitz

First Name
Vivek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Country flag
Yeah, the dealerships here in Columbus are consistently selling their CTRs, but I never see any around, which makes me think it's mostly out of state buyers who can't get MSRP at home.
I got mine from out of state coz. the dealers in columbus are charging above MSRP for a 2018 car :)

ucf_bronco

First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I've only seen a handful since they were released, but I saw two yesterday! That makes three since I've owned it but I wasn't driving mine when I saw the first and I don't know if the other two spotted me or not.

I can't help but feel kinda like the Jeep community, and the need to wave if ever I meet eyes with another owner. We'll see if they wave back!

silverblip

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota TRD Off-Road MT
Country flag
I've only seen two. One, 3 weeks ago at the dealership i bought my wife's civic sport at. It sold the same day. One the next weekend at another dealership wben i bought my Si.
Never seen one on the road :(
Sponsored