First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Twice a week, sometimes more. I have a car duster and detail spray in the trunk of my cars always. Takes 5mins to run the duster over and hit every panel with detail spray quick. I'm a fanatic with keeping my cars clean tho. Most people can't believe how good of shape my 2003 WRX is in.
Sponsored

OP
OP
logan

logan

New Civic Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda CIVIC EX-T
Twice a week, sometimes more. I have a car duster and detail spray in the trunk of my cars always. Takes 5mins to run the duster over and hit every panel with detail spray quick. I'm a fanatic with keeping my cars clean tho. Most people can't believe how good of shape my 2003 WRX is in.
How many microfiber cloth do you use to wipe the detail? Do you reuse them and do you just rinse them with water after words and let them dry?

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How many microfiber cloth do you use to wipe the detail? Do you reuse them and do you just rinse them with water after words and let them dry?
If the car is so dirty that it will put too much dirt on 1 microfiber cloth, I'll get the sponge out. The duster/detail spray combo is really just to remove dust and small spots.

I use 1 cloth with the detail spray and I don't re-use them without washing. I just put them in the wash with normal laundry detergent. I put them in the dryer, but don't use fabric softeners. I do this with the towels I dry my car with also. They all go in the same wash cycle.

fijizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Touring Sedan - Modern Steel Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Just a word of advice... Using dusters and detail sprays [alone] will scratch the paint. The panels of the car always have to be highly lubricated in order to wipe dust/dirt off safely and minimize scratching.

Yes, even quick detailing sprays don't provide enough lubrication. You should wet the car thoroughly with water, to rinse off most of the dust/dirt, then follow up with the quick detailing spray.

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just a word of advice... Using dusters and detail sprays [alone] will scratch the paint. The panels of the car always have to be highly lubricated in order to wipe dust/dirt off safely and minimize scratching.

Yes, even quick detailing sprays don't provide enough lubrication. You should wet the car thoroughly with water, to rinse off most of the dust/dirt, then follow up with the quick detailing spray.
Wet the car with water and then rub the new muddy water spotted paint with detail spray? I'm also not saying that you clean your car after 1 week from washing it with a duster. I use my duster the day after I wash it and it's got a thin layer of dust/pollen on the car from overnight.

My cars all look incredible. I'm doing something right. This thing is 13 years old and driven every winter. To each his own, but if you're going to put water on your car then just wash it.
Honda Civic 10th gen How often do you guys wash your Civic? {filename}

fijizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Touring Sedan - Modern Steel Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Wet the car with water and then rub the new muddy water spotted paint with detail spray? I'm also not saying that you clean your car after 1 week from washing it with a duster. I use my duster the day after I wash it and it's got a thin layer of dust/pollen on the car from overnight.

My cars all look incredible. I'm doing something right. This thing is 13 years old and driven every winter. To each his own, but if you're going to put water on your car then just wash it.
Honda Civic 10th gen How often do you guys wash your Civic? {filename}
You misunderstood. You know how to use a detailer spray. So I was saying to add water to that method for more lubrication. I'd be willing to bet my car that your car, which you use a duster on, has more scratches than a car that has never been touched by a duster.

This isn't an opinion of mine--it's been tested, and is pretty much common sense, as well. The more lubrication you introduce to the panels, the safer it becomes to wipe anything off of it.

lmoore1436

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX BNP