How often do you guys run map 3 on TSP stage 1 tune?

Siiick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500, 20 Bolt EV, 19 Z06
Country flag
I ran TSP stage 1 for about a tank of gas before switching over to Phearable. I was running map 3 normal mode the entire time. 19.5psi was plenty. I felt like I was abusing the car in sport mode at 25psi. I did it a couple of times and was like meh. If I want to go fast, I hop in my Z06. What I really wanted from the tune was the rev-hang delete - totally satisfied!
Sponsored

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Sedan, 2000 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Country flag
I ran TSP stage 1 for about a tank of gas before switching over to Phearable. I was running map 3 normal mode the entire time. 19.5psi was plenty. I felt like I was abusing the car in sport mode at 25psi. I did it a couple of times and was like meh. If I want to go fast, I hop in my Z06. What I really wanted from the tune was the rev-hang delete - totally satisfied!
Yes I absolutely love rev hang delete! From what I have read everyone that has switched to the Phearable tunes likes it better. I’m considering it myself after some time with the tsp.

VooDuuChild

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si, Boosted Street and Track Monster 91 CRX Si.
Country flag
Digging up an old thread....let's see some updates from the OG posters.

Car new Dec 2018. Tuned TSP Stage 1, Map 3 ALWAYS. Clutch slipping by 12k, ACT clutch and single mass flywheel fixed that right nice, amazing clutch kit. Then added PRL Cobra Race MAF CAI, Invidia R400 exhaust and accompanying TSP Stage 1 tune, of course map 3 and in sport mode 100% of the time. Now at 66,000 miles, drive near 100 miles a day, at least half is 80 with runs up to and over 100 DAILY. Car has been flawless. I ONLY change oil when it tells me to on the maintenance minder, even taking it down to 5%. Ticking time bomb? Maybe, but I am willing to put it to the test and if it pops, I got a K20a2 sitting around that made near 500 already...might need to do a 500 hp AWD 10th gen coupe by then.

Come on, let's see some original posters or anyone with updates...who is still cranking map 3, sport mode all day, every day?

alxgravel

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si 2017
Country flag
Running tsp stage 1+ with full bolt except intercooler. Always on map 3 for all this summer , this tune it's amazing bought it in april and my stock clutch is holding up 2017 si coupe. Saving the clutch I don't WOT under 3.2-3.5k rpm. 40k kilo untuned , 80k kilo tuned.

Last edited:

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ran in map 3 all day every day for 10k+ miles on stock clutch and then another 10k+ full send on a turbo swap before adding race MAF and TIP. Tuning for those added slip. Exedy stage 2 with lightweight flywheel installed and no problems now for 16k+ miles.
Race MAF and TIP added torque pushed stock clutch over the edge.

Even now with the turbo swap, still average 32-34 mpg mixed and 38-42 hwy

jack.

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What I do is stay on map 1 for daily driving, map 2 for fun, map 2 sport mode for extra fun, and map 3 sport mode when I want to race or have fun on the highway.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Stage 1 or Stage 1 plus with inverted maps so my map 1 was what was map 3 for most other folks since 7/31/18. 40k miles. Still on the stock clutch. No issues. Very hard around-town miles. Very little interstate.

tacocat

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
I have since switched tunes, but I was always on map 3. Not sure why you wouldn't. Unless your right foot is an on/off switch you have the ability to not press the little gas pedal all the way if you don't want to use all the power.

Kbiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Any updates on whether leaving the ktune in still draining the battery? I'm debating on whether to do that or reflash the inverted tune(which I currently don't have atm). It's been a while but I thought there was an option to invert the tunes when flashing with the original tune that I received via email? If not, I'll have to email them for the inverted tune.

alxgravel

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si 2017
Country flag
Any updates on whether leaving the ktune in still draining the battery? I'm debating on whether to do that or reflash the inverted tune(which I currently don't have atm). It's been a while but I thought there was an option to invert the tunes when flashing with the original tune that I received via email? If not, I'll have to email them for the inverted tune.
My ktuner 1.2 is always connected in the obd2 , never have problem with it. Always keeping my eyes on the data with tunerview for android pair with my old samsung note 8.

Last edited:

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
1) Yes you have to ask for the file to be made that way.
2) I never have had an issue with my V2 or V1.2 draining my battery.

i tended to keep my 1.2 in the car 24/7 but rarely left the V2 plugged in so I asked for an inverted file so I wouldn’t have to do anything to have the car start in the hottest map. If you’re willing to leave your Ktuner plugged in all the time, it should start in your last selected map and be a non-issue.
Sponsored