How often do you guys run map 3 on TSP stage 1 tune?

bakingpancake

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si 2018
Country flag
Just trying to get other perspectives on how often I should even be running map 3. I only run map 3 + sport during night drives (no traffic) and there's a freeway ramp coming up or I just want to send it. I'll use map 1 and no sport mode in traffic and map 2 when traffic dies down but there's still cars (I may or may not go into sport depending on the road I'm on). What map do you guys use and when do you use it? I'm a bit more on the conservative side so I only like running map 3 when I need/want the power.
Sponsored

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I stay in map 3 but I'm in sport mode maybe once every other month. Still get 33mpg mixed and can do 38-42 on drives without stop and go

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I'm a bit more on the conservative side so I only like running map 3 when I need/want the power.
Map 3 still can be driven conservatively and maintain good mpgs and minimal wear and tear. It's really about how often you put your foot into it. Keeping it in Map 3 also has the advantage of more power instantly when you need it versus switching to it on the fly.

Last edited:

FC1Dawn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I'm always in Map 3 and Sport mode. Zero issues after almost 650 miles with the TSP Stage 1 tune. I drive conservatively and it's been a blast when I need the power.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’m in the same boat as @trapbryan. I had them put map 3 (the 24.5# map) in position 1 so when I start the car... it starts as the default map (I don’t keep my Ktuner plugged in, which would allow restarting the car on the last map selected).

I’ve been daily driving the hottest TSP Stage 1 map since I got it on 7/31/18. My car is fine. Stock clutch has been fine.

mtlsi

First Name
just
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si
Country flag
tsp stage 1 map 3 for 25 000km default map. i run in normal mode most of the time especially in winter but in summer i hit sport button every day. i just dont lug the engine and dont boost(wot) under 3500rpm in 3rd gear and 4000rpm in 4 5 6.... stock clutch still holding fine for now. i drive spiritedly most of the time. for maximum power do the special dance because any bumb in the road of steering input can cut the power.....

trapbryan

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Have you had any issues so far & how long have you been tuned for?
I been tuned for 8000 miles.
The only issue was that my clutch started slipping almost immediately after I uploaded the tsp tune.
I beat the hell out of it though

EkSean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP FC1
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I also run mine in map 3 from the get go. Been that way for about 5000mi and absolutely no issues. Just a little slipping clutch. Also get 40-42mpg on the highway.

MuffinMcFluffin

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Honda Civic EX, 2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I also run mine in map 3 from the get go. Been that way for about 5000mi and absolutely no issues. Just a little slipping clutch. Also get 40-42mpg on the highway.
Have you gone past 20 PSI in Sport mode to experience such slippage?

I want to stay regularly on Map 3 if possible and mostly just drive normally, but then do what I need to when I want to. Just curious if only normal driving has somehow caused that.

EkSean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP FC1
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Have you gone past 20 PSI in Sport mode to experience such slippage?

I want to stay regularly on Map 3 if possible and mostly just drive normally, but then do what I need to when I want to. Just curious if only normal driving has somehow caused that.
Only in sport mode is when I experience any slip. In normal mode in map 3 it does fine. I avoid slippage in sport now by just getting in it later like 4000rpm and it has no problems.

Mind you, I do no lift shifting and I beat on this thing daily in sport and normal mode.

Chief lazy leaf

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic SI, 2001 mr2 spyder, 1982 Toyota coroll
Country flag
Only time I'm not on stage 3 is at the track. I have to run the 2nd map since the 3rd gets too hot. More a problem in the middle of summer though. Otherwise no issues. Just baby it until I need the power really.

Jes_si562

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si. 1990 Honda civic w d16z6 swap (sold) 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback sport(wifes)
Country flag
I stay on map 3

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
I usually run it in map 2,but that's a holdover from my stock clutch that slipped within the first hour I had the tune in map 3. I was taking an interchange from one freeway to another at 65 and pegged it in 4th for the corner and it slipped immediately.

I just finished the ACT break-in and have been hammering it several times in map 3 and no slipping, so I might keep it there now. I might even ask for that special version of the tune with map 3 in the first slot.

Only time I'm not on stage 3 is at the track. I have to run the 2nd map since the 3rd gets too hot. More a problem in the middle of summer though. Otherwise no issues. Just baby it until I need the power really.
Sounds like you need some cooling upgrades!
Sponsored