Valenzx

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI
Country flag
Well the brz is looking like a little bump in hp,and that depends 220 na or 250 turbo charge.Meanwhile the new wrx 300 hp and the Sti 400.I think I sold my 18 miata at the right time and I'm waiting also and excited about what Honda is bringing to the table.But 90% sure ill go with Honda because my best friend is a master tech at the Honda dealership.That's a big stress reliever just because I don't trust anyone working on my car.
I know nothing is set in stone, but I read this and got Excited.

The new model should even the odds a bit with a (finally) turbocharged 2.4-liter flat-four derived from the mill used in the Subaru Ascent SUV, which makes 260 hp and 277 lb-ft of torque
Sponsored

njd2007

First Name
njd2007
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport Hatchback 6M
Country flag
So allow me to check in.......In July of 2019 I purchased a 2018 Sport Hatchback 6SM with only 7,700mi. Damn near brand new as the tag on the door panel had an OCT 2018 manufacturer date. I traded in a 2008 Mazdaspeed3 with over 170Kmi and needing lots of maintenance $$ that I just couldn't justify. Nothing really mechanical but the chassis and all it's rubber components along with struts and front end stuff were shot. I was facing a substantial bill to keep it road worthy and to quit eating front tires due to these issues. Very hard to give up this car, but the Sport hatch checked off many boxes. Mainly I need to drive a manual and the choices out there today in a moderate price range are limited. But the problem is that I never gave up my pursuit of what I really wanted and that was a WRX. I tried like hell to find a low mileage, late model (2017 or up) at the time in a decent price range. I live in STL, MO and for some reason they are very hard to come by. I could drive to Chicago or Nashville and choose between 10, give or take, but I just couldn't make that happen. So I drove the Civic for 10mos. LOVED the look and appeal of the hatchback, but could not get used to the under performance. I am not a hater, but going from 265 stock hp in the MS3 down to 180hp was a steeper drop that I just could not get over. I knowingly bought a Civic, but no matter how good it looked and that it was a manual it never matched up to what I gave up in the MS3. I looked into Hondata or KTuner to bump things up but let's face it the car was damn near brand new car I'm to old and conservative to wipe out a factory warranty. Besides that I wasn't going to do any suspension mods to make the car handle any better than it was. Again it's a Civic at heart and there's nothing wrong with that. I came to the conclusion that I'd rather put my $$ on a WRX down pmt than put any mods on the Civic. Fast forward to this summer and my juices were overflowing with the need for a WRX. I researched the hell out of the car and decided it was the only way to go for me. Damn near every night since purchasing the Civic, I would internet search to see what WRX's were out there. Drove my wife crazy! She finally had enough and told me to go at least drive one. Believe it or not but to this point I had only read about them and had not driven one! Long story short between two Subaru dealers in the STL, MO area I drove 5 different models ranging from used 2019's to new 2020 models. To say I fell in love was an understatement. I decided to go new because even the lowest mileage 2019 may or may not have been abused. I went with a Premium trim level which upgraded to nice 18" rims, fog lights (a must for me) and the icing was a moon roof which I've never had before. I'm about 3mos into ownership and upgraded the shifter bushing and and shift stop to have a stiffer feel and could not be any more happy with my decision. A huge feature with the WRX is the all wheel drive. Even with extremely new tires, the Civic last winter left much to be desired in winter driving. I know that I'll have to fork out $$ for all season tires as the WRX only comes with summer tread but it'll be worth it to have the all wheel drive. The overall capabilities of this car is what I was looking for. The Civic is not a bumb to say the least, but for me I needed more. Cheers!

Annexed

First Name
Austen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
After seeing some of the specs of the next BRZ I may have to consider a trade.
I think lots of us are excited to see all these new cars coming out. Like you stated the BRZ/ 86 is one of them. Also the 400z, WRX, GTI, Elantra N, Toyota Corolla TRD or something like that. I am excited to see everything getting released this next year to two years.

pdrumns

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI Coupe and 2019 Nissan Kicks
Country flag
For the last couple of days I have been putting out feelers on 2020 Accords, mostly 2.0t sports and one 1.5t sport. Since its the end of the model year, I feel like there should be some really good deals. I have heard back on the 1.5t sport for a total of $24,763, but that does not include sales tax, title and dealer fee. I think I will just hold off.
Well I did it, bought a 2020 Accord Sport 2.0t today in white. fresh off the truck

pdrumns

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
how is it?
I only have 32 miles on it after driving it around and a long way from breaking it in, but just from short time, I can say it is very smooth. The steering in sport mode is nice and firm, similar to the Si, but you dont get the same feedback of course. The ride is firm, but absorbent. It drives like a smaller car than it is and feels nimble. It definitely feels upscale compared with the civic (not dissing the civic as it is upscale in itself). It is too soon to really test the engine, but so far in just normal acceleration, the power is there and feels effortless. I love having a power seat with lumbar. I think the stereo is good for what it is, in comparison to the SI it has less base, but sounds similar otherwise. I did that little hack thing for the accord audio improvement. Have not decided yet if there was a difference or not. . I am really happy that I bought the accord

themaincop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan (SOLD), 2021 GTI Autobahn
Country flag
Nice! Did you get the automatic? Can you still get a 6MT even? I guess not if it's fresh off the truck right? How do you find the transmission? Does it have paddle shifters? Are they responsive? This is another car I would definitely consider although I told myself I'm never getting another non-hatchback again. Cargo storage in the accord is pretty great though from what I can tell.

pdrumns

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Nice! Did you get the automatic? Can you still get a 6MT even? I guess not if it's fresh off the truck right? How do you find the transmission? Does it have paddle shifters? Are they responsive? This is another car I would definitely consider although I told myself I'm never getting another non-hatchback again. Cargo storage in the accord is pretty great though from what I can tell.
Yes I got the automatic. I dont think they even have any manuals left now at the end of 2020 and of course they are stopping them for 21. I have not tried the paddle shifters yet. I never used them on another car that had then and prolly wont on this either. The room is tremendous in the back seat and the trunk is pretty large. Our other vehicle is a hatch back/Crossover type, so we have that covered on that vehicle.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
I'm on 3 years with the Si and could easily see myself keeping another 7. I get around it by alternating cars every 5 years. My wife loves stick like I do. So it's likely our next car will be something similar to the practicality/ reliability of the Si.

A lightly used Accord Sport 6MT is on our short list.

RehabJP

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stoneautotech.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
This is why God made after market stereos and cell phone holders for phones. I say go find you car you love man life is to short to live with regret. If you can find that Acura in good condition go for it. After Market Honda Parts are not hard to flip.
Sponsored