First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 TYP SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Man......I feel silly even typing this with my 27WON CAI due to be delivered Monday and my Whiteline 22mm RSB processed but not even shipped out yet....lol. I like this car. Quite a bit actually. It makes so much logical sense as a daily driver with it's incredible fuel economy, nimble handing, decent power now that it's tuned, but......I just have not formed an emotional attachment to this car and I really don't know why. On top of the all of the things I just mentioned, when I detail it I look back at it when walking away and think, "dang.....that looks really sharp" but I'm still not in love with it. Actually, truth be told, I haven't been in love with the last few cars I've owned - BMWs to Cadillacs to Hondas. The last car I really "loved" was my 2010 Acura TSX 6MT. I traded that car in December because I was an idiot and wanted "more modern technology". While that TSX was hardly "fast" it sounded incredible, rode super solid, was fun to drive, and I loved the understated look of it. If I could find a last gen TSX 6MT with super ultra low miles on it that was in "kept in a bubble ever since it was bought" condition I would honestly trade my Si even for it.

I've been going through phases where I consider selling/trading my Si but always "get over it" when I order/install a new mod, but now with the RSB on the way I've checked off last item to buy for the car on my Wish List. Regardless, I will keep the Si until at least early 2021 so I can feel I got the maximum use out of it with the initial depreciation (thank goodness for Honda resale with these cars!) but I really want to find a car I can fall in love with and become attached to. My other half has a Jetta that will serve as our family car (no kids, just a goldndoodle) so I'm thinking about a 100th Anniversary Miat (pearl white with red top and deep red leather interior).

Anyone else on this same fence that I am with the Si?

*pic of my old TSX 6MT a couple of months before I traded it. To say that I babied and keep that car showroom condition is an understatement

FDB9F671-6ECB-490C-9932-146B342C1C15.jpeg
I test drove a veloster N before buying the SI, it just felt like home. (The SI) And my main concern with the veloster was its ridiculous blind spot. With that said if the I30N came to Canada I can say with allt of confidence i would trade in for it. And that no small statement ive owned all manner of honda since I was a kid driving 1984z50 bikes and an assortment of other honda bikes,quads and cars in between .

OP
OP
cammyfive

cammyfive

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road 6MT
Country flag
Well.....if you guys check my other recent post here you'll see that my mods are listed for sale. You know what that means.... lol

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
You have to accept that you're not the type to love a car. You say you loved the TSX but you still traded it. Just stop trying to find the car you're going to love enough to keep it forever, it won't happen. Best you can do is find something that fits your needs perfectly and keep it 10 years, but you'll still be mentally shopping during those 10 years.

Those cars you like enough to keep 10 years don't come around often. The 330i ZHP 6MT was that car for me. Nothing currently on sale is something I'd expect to be happy driving for 10 years. I can imagine such a car, but carmakers don't make them or don't sell them in the US.

Last edited:
OP
OP
cammyfive

cammyfive

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You have to accept that you're not the type to love a car. You say you loved the TSX but you still traded it. Just stop trying to find the car you're going to love enough to keep it forever, it won't happen. Best you can do is find something that fits your needs perfectly and keep it 10 years, but you'll still be mentally shopping during those 10 years.

Those cars you like enough to keep 10 years don't come around often. The 330i ZHP 6MT was that car for me. Nothing currently on sale is something I'd expect to be happy driving for 10 years. I can imagine such a car, but carmakers don't make them or don't sell them in the US.
I'd agree with that. It's one of those cases of you don't appreciate what you have until it's gone regarding the TSX. I was drawn in by the modern tech of another car - touchscreens, active safety features, etc - when I traded. The TSX didn't have those and I had it a while too so a new shiny object lured me away; I regret making that decision.

kimtyson

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Blue Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I really don't understand having an "emotional attachment" to an inanimate object. I have my wife and family to fill that need. I will say I really enjoy my Si (even though I just got it) and I have enjoyed other cars before it. I'd say this Si ranks up there for potential. Time will tell. OP, just enjoy your car. The grass is not always greener.

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
I'd agree with that. It's one of those cases of you don't appreciate what you have until it's gone regarding the TSX. I was drawn in by the modern tech of another car - touchscreens, active safety features, etc - when I traded. The TSX didn't have those and I had it a while too so a new shiny object lured me away; I regret making that decision.
That is the same reason I sold my 330i, and with 130k miles it was going to be a liability for my work.

Just be patient, something will come up that fits you better than the Si. We won't get sporty normally aspirated engined cars anymore, unless you want to go for a V8. :)

NDFong

First Name
Jin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic si
Country flag
I was shopping for my 3rd s2000 before I bought an si. I loved it and owned it for 6 years. 2 weeks ago My friend got a 2008 s2000 And he came over to my house after he got the car and let me drove it for a few hours ( he knows I love (s2000s)I like it but I don’t love it any more. I guess time changed and 4 door plus 6 speed is what I prefer now. Don’t get me wrong s2000 is still an awesome car!

Honda Civic 10th gen How often do you get the urge to impulsively trade/sell your Si B000228E-2526-4DCE-84C6-C9F77C87AB0B

Honda Civic 10th gen How often do you get the urge to impulsively trade/sell your Si DE69FDA6-2755-47C6-9CE3-0550743A5003

Honda Civic 10th gen How often do you get the urge to impulsively trade/sell your Si B767B5A9-86F2-41ED-AC92-C39D7E618A6F

Roadster1976

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda MX5/ Honda Fit
Country flag
I was shopping for my 3rd s2000 before I bought an si. I loved it and owned it for 6 years. 2 weeks ago My friend got a 2008 s2000 And he came over to my house after he got the car and let me drove it for a few hours ( he knows I love (s2000s)I like it but I don’t love it any more. I guess time changed and 4 door plus 6 speed is what I prefer now. Don’t get me wrong s2000 is still an awesome car!

B000228E-2526-4DCE-84C6-C9F77C87AB0B.jpeg

DE69FDA6-2755-47C6-9CE3-0550743A5003.jpeg

B767B5A9-86F2-41ED-AC92-C39D7E618A6F.jpeg
We just forget we are all car enthusiasts,and why we are in a car forum.Because we love cars.I love them all and I won't grow up even though I'm 44,and the wife knows that.22 years with her and she accepts who I am.My point is get what you want enjoy it and if the situation changes then you deal with it when it gets there.Happy motoring guys.

aaaaah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Getting a lease with Honda means that even if I think about it, Honda keeps my self control in check as they don't allow lease transfers. ?

skorj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI sedan
Country flag
I've been considering trading mine towards an SUV for my wife and going back to something a bit older for myself. Not sure if I'd venture back to the land of BMW or just pick up something like a beater truck or old police interceptor - something that is a bit more utilitarian but easy to maintain.

I still really enjoy my SI, but now with the shift to working from home I barely drive it. I think she's only been driven 6 or 7 times in the past 6 months.

Annexed

First Name
Austen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Literally every day ?..... But I think this quote explains my craziness. An article from CNET about 2020 SI long term.: "That said, I do wish the Si had a little more personality. The engine sounds uninspiring, a far cry from the glorious Hyundai Veloster N. And while the Si is a hoot on a good twisty road, it's not as fun in day-to-day driving as the Veloster or a Mazda MX-5 Miata." At this moment I am considering getting an RF Miata or waiting for the Elantra N.

longthaitran91

Suiton20
First Name
Long
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic si
Country flag
Literally every day ?..... But I think this quote explains my craziness. An article from CNET about 2020 SI long term.: "That said, I do wish the Si had a little more personality. The engine sounds uninspiring, a far cry from the glorious Hyundai Veloster N. And while the Si is a hoot on a good twisty road, it's not as fun in day-to-day driving as the Veloster or a Mazda MX-5 Miata." At this moment I am considering getting an RF Miata or waiting for the Elantra N.
When I used to own a 2013 Hyundai Accent Se 6mt. I wanted to get an engine swap when the first gen veloster turbo came out to the scene. Of course I would’ve waited tilI I was ready.
I know that the torsion beam would’ve been a detriment in corners, but 201hp in a 2400lb car would feel fast and pretty scary. Sadly ? I lost the car in a very bad accident. I’m lucky to be not crippled. Maybe in the future I’ll scope out a manual 2013-2020 accent with all disc brakes and do that swap.

OP
OP
cammyfive

cammyfive

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I posted in another thread where I had listed my mods to part out, but I decided to keep the car and the mods that are on it until this upcoming Spring/early Summer. Then, I'll be fully ready for a Miata. As for which one, I'm curious about how I would feel in the convertible or RF. Either one would be the GT 6MT trim as the LSD is now standard on the GT trim for 2020.

OP
OP
cammyfive

cammyfive

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
When I used to own a 2013 Hyundai Accent Se 6mt. I wanted to get an engine swap when the first gen veloster turbo came out to the scene. Of course I would’ve waited tilI I was ready.
I know that the torsion beam would’ve been a detriment in corners, but 201hp in a 2400lb car would feel fast and pretty scary. Sadly ? I lost the car in a very bad accident. I’m lucky to be not crippled. Maybe in the future I’ll scope out a manual 2013-2020 accent with all disc brakes and do that swap.
Sorry to hear about your accident but glad you are here writing about it in healthy shape! I actually bought a 2012 Accent sedan when they first came out as I was working for a Hyundai dealership at the time and it made sense as a very cheap car that got good mpgs on my 75 mile round trip daily commute. The Veloster came out a few months later - late August 2012 - and I was able to get out of the Accent with minimal loss since there weren't many of them out still and people were in the market for a cheap 40mpg car. I bought the first Velotster (non-turbo, of course) in the state and got a lot of stares/thumbs up back then. It actually turned out to be one of my least favorite cars as it had a lot of odd issues - brake caliper seized while parked on a hill and the car slid a few feet into a curb jacking up my wheel, this turned into a recall; sunroof cracked; headlights flickered occasionally, tons of rattles/creaks, etc. I sold that less than a year later and bought a 2010 Acura TSX 6MT which turned into one of my favorite cars that I owned.
Sponsored