Branden87

First Name
Branden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I understand the emotional attachment to a specific car thing. It can't always be quantified on paper.... its simply a feeling. You need to find you a mint TSX 6mt, that's your soul vehicle lol
Sponsored

Deleted User 1886347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’m getting the itch to trade to an SUV, simply because now I have zero access to a truck.

I love my car, and honestly haven’t had any issues with it other than a couple hiccups that were covered under warranty, I’d rate it a 9/10. But the truck I used to use is now selling because my dad passed, and now I have nothing to use to transport my kayaks or other big items that my Civic can’t handle.

Im still on the fence because I’ve only had the car for 9 months. I’m hoping I can hold out until next summer or until I figure out what’s going on with my schooling, which is also up in the air due to COVID.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think I'm going to start leasing vehicles so I can get a new one every 3 years. History has shown 2-3 years is how long my contentment lasts with ANY vehicle I've ever owned. I think that's true for most people as well.

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think I'm going to start leasing vehicles so I can get a new one every 3 years. History has shown 2-3 years is how long my contentment lasts with ANY vehicle I've ever owned. I think that's true for most people as well.
I thought that too, but, it seems like most newer vehicles appeal less to me as time goes on. Can only imagine what 2024 holds in terms of vehicle selection.

Roadster1976

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda MX5/ Honda Fit
Country flag
I posted in another thread where I had listed my mods to part out, but I decided to keep the car and the mods that are on it until this upcoming Spring/early Summer. Then, I'll be fully ready for a Miata. As for which one, I'm curious about how I would feel in the convertible or RF. Either one would be the GT 6MT trim as the LSD is now standard on the GT trim for 2020.
The ST feels like a proper convertible plus 100 pounds lighter and quieter with the top down,the RF you get that wind buffering. You're just going to have to test drive them both and see what feels better.I loved my ST.If you have a garage ST if not RF.Cats love the soft top ;)

OP
OP
cammyfive

cammyfive

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road 6MT
Country flag
The ST feels like a proper convertible plus 100 pounds lighter and quieter with the top down,the RF you get that wind buffering. You're just going to have to test drive them both and see what feels better.I loved my ST.If you have a garage ST if not RF.Cats love the soft top ;)
Thankfully we have an enclosed parking garage at our apartment. It's also nice that the true convertible is less expensive by a few grand!

ssunnypd

First Name
Sunil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 civic si - sold, 2021 SGP Type R #44-500
Country flag
I recently sold my 09 civic si last winter. I sold it in hopes of getting something new. But with COVID and all that’s on hold. But I understand the whole “the car doesn’t speak to me”. My Si was old and outdated but it was special. Especially the way the car drove love the 2.0 NA. I’m looking for a replacement. Right now it’s between an s2000(long time dream car), new civic si, or if I could stretch it, a civic type r.

Roadster1976

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda MX5/ Honda Fit
Country flag
I recently sold my 09 civic si last winter. I sold it in hopes of getting something new. But with COVID and all that’s on hold. But I understand the whole “the car doesn’t speak to me”. My Si was old and outdated but it was special. Especially the way the car drove love the 2.0 NA. I’m looking for a replacement. Right now it’s between an s2000(long time dream car), new civic si, or if I could stretch it, a civic type r.
Same with my 2013 Honda Fit,but I still have it and don't plan to ever get rid off it. It's slow but it just feels special to me,and still love to drive her.

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si, 2017 Si (past), 2015 Si (past)
Country flag
Same with my 2013 Honda Fit,but I still have it and don't plan to ever get rid off it. It's slow but it just feels special to me,and still love to drive her.
Cherish her man, with the Honda fit now gone in North America, you definitely now have something unique and special.

As for my Si, I'll give it a 9/10. Ive had it for 3 years now, actually this past Saturday made it 3 years exactly to the date I drove it off the lot. I love her more today than I did 3 years ago. She is my perfect vehicle, comfortable, efficient, reliable, practical, attractive, quick, and fun..even if I got another car tomorrow, she stays. A definite long termer.

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
I saw a white Fit Sport in the showroom when I picked up my Si, kinda wish I needed another car. Sweet little car for $17k.

perkidddoh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I'm in the same boat almost at least every two months. I was in the market for a sporty hatchback that had space for two bikes (my Si does it) and I just like the look of hatchbacks overall, I had a 2013 Fit and a 2005 Civic Si prior. My priorities are changing as I go outdoors more often for camping and finding the need now for a more adventurous vehicle that would also tick my want for ample space for two bikes. I was quoted at a pretty good price from Carvana a month ago for my 22k miles 2019 Si Sedan, at $22k offer, I couldn't resist looking at options but there still wasn't something I wanted to bad enough for me to pull the trigger so I'm back to digging the car for what it is.

And I do like the Civic Sport hatchback but my lower back is sensitive to seats and I remember already having issues with that particular seat when I test drove it. Maybe it's worth test driving one again.

I do conservative mods, right now I have installed 27won exhaust and RPF1's I still have to throw on the car but that's it for me.

I''ve been considering a 4runner or Tacoma but I would miss my Si if I was to go that route, so like I said, I'll stay put, but it's tempting.

Roadster1976

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda MX5/ Honda Fit
Country flag
Cherish her man, with the Honda fit now gone in North America, you definitely now have something unique and special.

As for my Si, I'll give it a 9/10. Ive had it for 3 years now, actually this past Saturday made it 3 years exactly to the date I drove it off the lot. I love her more today than I did 3 years ago. She is my perfect vehicle, comfortable, efficient, reliable, practical, attractive, quick, and fun..even if I got another car tomorrow, she stays. A definite long termer.
You've got a great car man,I'm excited to see what Honda is going to do with their next civic Si&R.They might have some kind of electric motor technology but will see what happens.

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Man......I feel silly even typing this with my 27WON CAI due to be delivered Monday and my Whiteline 22mm RSB processed but not even shipped out yet....lol. I like this car. Quite a bit actually. It makes so much logical sense as a daily driver with it's incredible fuel economy, nimble handing, decent power now that it's tuned, but......I just have not formed an emotional attachment to this car and I really don't know why. On top of the all of the things I just mentioned, when I detail it I look back at it when walking away and think, "dang.....that looks really sharp" but I'm still not in love with it. Actually, truth be told, I haven't been in love with the last few cars I've owned - BMWs to Cadillacs to Hondas. The last car I really "loved" was my 2010 Acura TSX 6MT. I traded that car in December because I was an idiot and wanted "more modern technology". While that TSX was hardly "fast" it sounded incredible, rode super solid, was fun to drive, and I loved the understated look of it. If I could find a last gen TSX 6MT with super ultra low miles on it that was in "kept in a bubble ever since it was bought" condition I would honestly trade my Si even for it.

I've been going through phases where I consider selling/trading my Si but always "get over it" when I order/install a new mod, but now with the RSB on the way I've checked off last item to buy for the car on my Wish List. Regardless, I will keep the Si until at least early 2021 so I can feel I got the maximum use out of it with the initial depreciation (thank goodness for Honda resale with these cars!) but I really want to find a car I can fall in love with and become attached to. My other half has a Jetta that will serve as our family car (no kids, just a goldndoodle) so I'm thinking about a 100th Anniversary Miat (pearl white with red top and deep red leather interior).

Anyone else on this same fence that I am with the Si?

*pic of my old TSX 6MT a couple of months before I traded it. To say that I babied and keep that car showroom condition is an understatement

FDB9F671-6ECB-490C-9932-146B342C1C15.jpeg
Man......I feel silly even typing this with my 27WON CAI due to be delivered Monday and my Whiteline 22mm RSB processed but not even shipped out yet....lol. I like this car. Quite a bit actually. It makes so much logical sense as a daily driver with it's incredible fuel economy, nimble handing, decent power now that it's tuned, but......I just have not formed an emotional attachment to this car and I really don't know why. On top of the all of the things I just mentioned, when I detail it I look back at it when walking away and think, "dang.....that looks really sharp" but I'm still not in love with it. Actually, truth be told, I haven't been in love with the last few cars I've owned - BMWs to Cadillacs to Hondas. The last car I really "loved" was my 2010 Acura TSX 6MT. I traded that car in December because I was an idiot and wanted "more modern technology". While that TSX was hardly "fast" it sounded incredible, rode super solid, was fun to drive, and I loved the understated look of it. If I could find a last gen TSX 6MT with super ultra low miles on it that was in "kept in a bubble ever since it was bought" condition I would honestly trade my Si even for it.

I've been going through phases where I consider selling/trading my Si but always "get over it" when I order/install a new mod, but now with the RSB on the way I've checked off last item to buy for the car on my Wish List. Regardless, I will keep the Si until at least early 2021 so I can feel I got the maximum use out of it with the initial depreciation (thank goodness for Honda resale with these cars!) but I really want to find a car I can fall in love with and become attached to. My other half has a Jetta that will serve as our family car (no kids, just a goldndoodle) so I'm thinking about a 100th Anniversary Miat (pearl white with red top and deep red leather interior).

Anyone else on this same fence that I am with the Si?

*pic of my old TSX 6MT a couple of months before I traded it. To say that I babied and keep that car showroom condition is an understatement

FDB9F671-6ECB-490C-9932-146B342C1C15.jpeg
I put 52,000 miles on my 2017 Si before trading it. I didn't so much as fall out of love with it, in fact in some ways I still miss it, probably the best overall car I have owned in the last 45 years. But - and this is a big but - I never got over my original desire to own a Type R. And the fact that the seat in the SI eventually caused enough discomfort to require an aftermarket specialty car seat cushion, plus the sound and performance of the engine, made me finally test drive a 2018 CTR.
Just to see. Well of course once I sat in that seat, experienced that engine, it was trade in time.

I have traded and sold plenty of cars. Trading the SI is the first time I ever looked back wistfully.

But then I look at my Aegean Blue CTR and I'm okay with not having my Aegean Blue SI.
Now if only the turning circle was smaller and the gas mileage bigger. But storage is better on the hatch, power is day and night, the A pillar does not block your vision on left turns like the overly thick one in the SI, and I love the way it looks. And those magical Alcantara seats! Still stock, not sure it needs anything. If I had kept the SI, eventually would have wanted to chip it, etc. Only SI mod I did was better tires.
And no, I will not be shrinking the wheel/ tire setup on the CTR. You want to second guess the engineers at Honda and ruin one of the best stock handling setups go ahead. I watched a You Tube where they ran a Type R against an S2000. It lost to the S2000 on track. But - they had swapped the OEM setup for 19's and put lowering springs on the Civic and then complained about it in the turns. Duh! A stock CTR setup would have held its own. Friends don't let friends do wheel and suspension swaps on a CTR. But I digress.

So yes, the CTR got me to trade my SI. But nothing else would have done it. All other cars are just too compromised as daily drivers. If Honda will just put better seats in, and maybe a tad more engine, you will not be falling out of love. At least not with your SI.