cammyfive

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road 6MT
Country flag
Man......I feel silly even typing this with my 27WON CAI due to be delivered Monday and my Whiteline 22mm RSB processed but not even shipped out yet....lol. I like this car. Quite a bit actually. It makes so much logical sense as a daily driver with it's incredible fuel economy, nimble handing, decent power now that it's tuned, but......I just have not formed an emotional attachment to this car and I really don't know why. On top of the all of the things I just mentioned, when I detail it I look back at it when walking away and think, "dang.....that looks really sharp" but I'm still not in love with it. Actually, truth be told, I haven't been in love with the last few cars I've owned - BMWs to Cadillacs to Hondas. The last car I really "loved" was my 2010 Acura TSX 6MT. I traded that car in December because I was an idiot and wanted "more modern technology". While that TSX was hardly "fast" it sounded incredible, rode super solid, was fun to drive, and I loved the understated look of it. If I could find a last gen TSX 6MT with super ultra low miles on it that was in "kept in a bubble ever since it was bought" condition I would honestly trade my Si even for it.

I've been going through phases where I consider selling/trading my Si but always "get over it" when I order/install a new mod, but now with the RSB on the way I've checked off last item to buy for the car on my Wish List. Regardless, I will keep the Si until at least early 2021 so I can feel I got the maximum use out of it with the initial depreciation (thank goodness for Honda resale with these cars!) but I really want to find a car I can fall in love with and become attached to. My other half has a Jetta that will serve as our family car (no kids, just a goldndoodle) so I'm thinking about a 100th Anniversary Miat (pearl white with red top and deep red leather interior).

Anyone else on this same fence that I am with the Si?

*pic of my old TSX 6MT a couple of months before I traded it. To say that I babied and keep that car showroom condition is an understatement

Honda Civic 10th gen How often do you get the urge to impulsively trade/sell your Si FDB9F671-6ECB-490C-9932-146B342C1C15
Sponsored

letsgoMINAJE

First Name
Minaje
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CBP Si Sedan
Country flag
I personally love mine coming from a regular 2015 civic. It's too new to want to sell or trade and the only thing I would consider is the 11th gen hondas and that hugely depends on what they look like. There isn't anything currently on the market that checks the boxes I want checked for the price...at least not that I am aware of.

However, it seems like your "gripes" are things that might be able to be resolved.

Sound (kind of coincides with how fun it is to drive)- Intake and exhaust could clear that up for you.
Ride - Springs or coilovers. I personally am not in love with the stock ride but once I decide which springs I want in regards to how smooth and low I want to go...that will change. I love how other people car's look with certain springs. I am just indecisive on the ride since I can't really actively test that.

OP
OP
cammyfive

cammyfive

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I personally love mine coming from a regular 2015 civic. It's too new to want to sell or trade and the only thing I would consider is the 11th gen hondas and that hugely depends on what they look like. There isn't anything currently on the market that checks the boxes I want checked for the price...at least not that I am aware of.

However, it seems like your "gripes" are things that might be able to be resolved.

Sound (kind of coincides with how fun it is to drive)- Intake and exhaust could clear that up for you.
Ride - Springs or coilovers. I personally am not in love with the stock ride but once I decide which springs I want in regards to how smooth and low I want to go...that will change. I love how other people car's look with certain springs. I am just indecisive on the ride since I can't really actively test that.
That's my point. On a spreadsheet, I would rate the Si an 8 or a 9 in almost every category, and when you factor in price I would definitely say a 9 or 10 in almost every category. You can make these cars respectably fast, handle like they're on rails, etc but I don't think my subjective attachment would grow. It's a weird thing for sure.

ebhaynz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017
Country flag
Yeah, I'm pretty much over my Si. I've had it for 26 months but the honeymoon is over. Overall I give the car about an 8 out of 10 and I will give Honda credit for getting back to respectability, those middle 2000's were pretty shaky.
I think the problem is overall the car industry makes a bunch of boring cars. Maybe the new Element will be a surprise but I'm not holding my breath.

OP
OP
cammyfive

cammyfive

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah, I'm pretty much over my Si. I've had it for 26 months but the honeymoon is over. Overall I give the car about an 8 out of 10 and I will give Honda credit for getting back to respectability, those middle 2000's were pretty shaky.
I think the problem is overall the car industry makes a bunch of boring cars. Maybe the new Element will be a surprise but I'm not holding my breath.
Yeah, I'm *trying* to wait to see what the next CTR would be like or possibly an Acura version of that ala 4 door Integra type model. But I've had so many sedans lately and since we have another one in the family I want to look at something that excites me.

DmK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI
Country flag
What I’m usually do when I’m getting bored with the way car drives is changing a tune, I have 2: TSP and Pherable. It just a small trick how to change how you feel car even for daily commute.
but over all I’m very happy with my car

OP
OP
cammyfive

cammyfive

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
What I’m usually do when I’m getting bored with the way car drives is changing a tune, I have 2: TSP and Pherable. It just a small trick how to change how you feel car even for daily commute.
but over all I’m very happy with my car
I'm certainly happy with mine and as a DD it's almost unbeatable for the price. I just want something I can feel attached to. I may drive an hour to the mountains here and have some fun to see if I can reignite the fire.

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
This generation civic spoke to me. I didn’t have the money or passion for new cars growing up 2005-2015.

I think the 10th gen is high maintenance, and I really don’t like how every new car is using sensors to assist in driving. It had turned me off from wanted a new Honda and looking toward the past for a 2nd car.

Id love an Accord V6 manual coupe from 2016-2017 as a 2nd car. I may look into getting a 9th or 8th gen Si as a beater if the 10th gen becomes a money pit.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
While I’ve never leased, I typically have a car for 3 years and swap it for something else... be it new or used. This Civic is nearing 3 years and while it still a fine car... yeah... the bug is starting to bite pretty hard. I’m hoping focusing back on my old Z will quench my car bug.

I just like trying new things and I could probably have the greatest, most perfect thing and I’d still want to try something new before too long.

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
Not to trade my si (I don’t own one)... but I had a sport sedan, and had the itch to get a hatch or higher trim level, which I did... now I’m getting the itch to trade for an si.... Probably won’t do it tho.... unless the economy has a sudden boom, and work picks way up.

Roadster1976

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda MX5/ Honda Fit
Country flag
Man......I feel silly even typing this with my 27WON CAI due to be delivered Monday and my Whiteline 22mm RSB processed but not even shipped out yet....lol. I like this car. Quite a bit actually. It makes so much logical sense as a daily driver with it's incredible fuel economy, nimble handing, decent power now that it's tuned, but......I just have not formed an emotional attachment to this car and I really don't know why. On top of the all of the things I just mentioned, when I detail it I look back at it when walking away and think, "dang.....that looks really sharp" but I'm still not in love with it. Actually, truth be told, I haven't been in love with the last few cars I've owned - BMWs to Cadillacs to Hondas. The last car I really "loved" was my 2010 Acura TSX 6MT. I traded that car in December because I was an idiot and wanted "more modern technology". While that TSX was hardly "fast" it sounded incredible, rode super solid, was fun to drive, and I loved the understated look of it. If I could find a last gen TSX 6MT with super ultra low miles on it that was in "kept in a bubble ever since it was bought" condition I would honestly trade my Si even for it.

I've been going through phases where I consider selling/trading my Si but always "get over it" when I order/install a new mod, but now with the RSB on the way I've checked off last item to buy for the car on my Wish List. Regardless, I will keep the Si until at least early 2021 so I can feel I got the maximum use out of it with the initial depreciation (thank goodness for Honda resale with these cars!) but I really want to find a car I can fall in love with and become attached to. My other half has a Jetta that will serve as our family car (no kids, just a goldndoodle) so I'm thinking about a 100th Anniversary Miat (pearl white with red top and deep red leather interior).

Anyone else on this same fence that I am with the Si?

*pic of my old TSX 6MT a couple of months before I traded it. To say that I babied and keep that car showroom condition is an understatement

FDB9F671-6ECB-490C-9932-146B342C1C15.jpeg
Funny I read your post on the miata forum.I sold my miata 2 weeks ago after driving an Si.The Miata is a fun car its just small and not very practical,and I knew this but after 2 years the excitement wore off and the civic felt so good confortable and the whole family can ride with me.Good luck whatever you decide to do.I'm going to wait for the new Si or type R.Take care.

OP
OP
cammyfive

cammyfive

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Funny I read your post on the miata forum.I sold my miata 2 weeks ago after driving an Si.The Miata is a fun car its just small and not very practical,and I knew this but after 2 years the excitement wore off and the civic felt so good confortable and the whole family can ride with me.Good luck whatever you decide to do.I'm going to wait for the new Si or type R.Take care.
Haha! Small world!

its getting dangerous - I’m looking at my Si modifications document and estimating what I could sell the parts for.

OP
OP
cammyfive

cammyfive

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
While I’ve never leased, I typically have a car for 3 years and swap it for something else... be it new or used. This Civic is nearing 3 years and while it still a fine car... yeah... the bug is starting to bite pretty hard. I’m hoping focusing back on my old Z will quench my car bug.

I just like trying new things and I could probably have the greatest, most perfect thing and I’d still want to try something new before too long.
Im with you. Maybe it’s a quasi mid life crisis - I’m 41 - that I’m experiencing. Other than one terrible CUV a few years ago I’ve owned sedans and a coupe or two over the last 2 decades.
Sponsored