How often are you having to reboot and what for??

OP
OP

klm57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord, 2015 Chevy Equinox
The dealer said the found some codes in drags related to my display going on off. Replaced the display. Time will tell if this helps....
Sponsored

david1pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, MSM with Black Interior
Country flag
Today I had to reboot after my Aha radio kinda flipped out. It couldn't get a connection and was just going crazy. I rebooted, and after that I couldn't get HondaLink to connect at all. I rebooted, deleted and re-added the app, rebooted my phone - nothing worked. Then I realized that my bluetooth wasn't connecting correctly either (it had the symbol for being connected in the infotainment unit, but I could not stream bluetooth). I ultimately decided to try to delete my phone and repair. It would not let me delete. Restarted head unit. Would not let me delete. Tried several more times, finally with my phone OFF, and it deleted. I repaired and all is well, though I did instantly (even with the car off) get the 7 notices of impending doom (TPMS, Brakes, CMS, etc.). I wonder if those messages trying to come through had something to do with all the issues. I figure next time I drive those messages will eventually go away.

Sometimes, I Really HATE This Car!

brianric

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brianric.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Today I had to reboot after my Aha radio kinda flipped out. It couldn't get a connection and was just going crazy. I rebooted, and after that I couldn't get HondaLink to connect at all. I rebooted, deleted and re-added the app, rebooted my phone - nothing worked. Then I realized that my bluetooth wasn't connecting correctly either (it had the symbol for being connected in the infotainment unit, but I could not stream bluetooth). I ultimately decided to try to delete my phone and repair. It would not let me delete. Restarted head unit. Would not let me delete. Tried several more times, finally with my phone OFF, and it deleted. I repaired and all is well, though I did instantly (even with the car off) get the 7 notices of impending doom (TPMS, Brakes, CMS, etc.). I wonder if those messages trying to come through had something to do with all the issues. I figure next time I drive those messages will eventually go away.

Sometimes, I Really HATE This Car!
Been there, done that. I'm so pissed at this car that I sent a detailed report to Consumer Reports.

djasonw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2017 Toyota iM
Country flag
I am sure that when you see the Consumer Report analysis of this model it will probably be red dots everywhere except the infotainment system which will have a nice big BLACK DOT OF DEATH!!! This unit reminds me of those cheap android tablets you can get on eBay for $49.95. Here are the issues I've noticed with my system:

1- On initial startup the screen will blink on an off for a few minutes then stabilize to a solid normal non blinking screen (this just happened recently)

2- When using Apple Car Play the VR sometimes will not work. I have to unplug my phone so that I can hear the system prompt me.

3- When trying to adjust the volume for the radio it will only regulate the volume for the NAV system. Eventually it starts working correctly.

4- If I am using the phone when listening to Sirius, the iPhone will hijack the audio source if I am on Facebook or another app that has sound. I have to go back to the source screen and re-enable sirius.

5- This doesn't have a remedy but I think the overall responsiveness and refresh rate are fair at best. This is 2016 and I know they could have installed a much more robust responsive system.

6- If the iPhone screen is lit, the volume is reduced significantly. You have to put the phone to sleep to return the volume to the normal level you had it at.

I'm sure there are a few other little things that I forgot. I still love the car and would buy it again in a heartbeat. I just am annoyed that they would release a car to the public knowing that these issues existed. They HAD to know their infotainment system was buggy and a "work in progress". I'm just waiting for a class action suit to be brought forth due to this negligence on Honda's part. Hopefully they'll rectify these issues with a firmware update in the not too distant future.

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
This is 2016 and I know they could have installed a much more robust responsive system. … I just am annoyed that they would release a car to the public knowing that these issues existed. They HAD to know their infotainment system was buggy and a "work in progress". I'm just waiting for a class action suit to be brought forth due to this negligence on Honda's part. Hopefully they'll rectify these issues with a firmware update in the not too distant future.
The hardware for this was probably set in stone three years or so prior to introduction in the first model that's using this generation system. ('16 Pilot? '15 MMC Accord? Not sure which it was.) In terms of product development, Car Time and Gadget Time are not the same.

The class action over MyFord Touch, first shipped in very early 2011, is still plodding through the courts. We bought a Mk3 Focus with MFT in late fall of 2011. Don't expect we'll see anything come our way out of it until late 2017 at the earliest. At that, it probably won't be much more than a $25 coupon for maintenance or $100 off a new Ford; one we will never buy after the '12 Focus experience. We dumped the car in fall of 2014.

Here's to hoping for a firmware update. Just don't hold your breath.

OP
OP

klm57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord, 2015 Chevy Equinox
I haven't had to reboot my system since my display was replaced almost 2 months now. So far so good!! :)

civicT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
It either reboots itself or I have to do it about ever five days due to some issue.

david1pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, MSM with Black Interior
Country flag
The hardware for this was probably set in stone three years or so prior to introduction in the first model that's using this generation system. ('16 Pilot? '15 MMC Accord? Not sure which it was.) In terms of product development, Car Time and Gadget Time are not the same.
There were several high quality tablets three years ago that would have had no trouble operating smoothly with the demands of this car. It's 2016, not 2010 - back when smart phones were only 3 years old. This is no excuse. It shouldn't be made by Honda and it shouldn't be made for Honda.

Crusherbad64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I had to reboot and reset mine a few times but after messing around with the unit and how I was plugging my phone in, it might have been the USB cable I was using because I was getting error messages when using Android Auto like android phone not compatible, or charging errors. I use the Nexus 5X (which uses USB Type C) and the usb cables were bought from the Google Play Store, maybe the car doesn't like those cables because I bought a cable from Cellet, and I'm not getting those messages now. But this is after a day of using those cables.

axios77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Newbie question here. How am I supposed to reboot if my power button is not wroking at all. I've been experiencing this for a few times now that out of nowhere the power button on my infotainment wouldn't work. Solutions in the past was to wait atleast overnight and or wait till it resolves itself. But this time didn't have the luck and power button is still not functioning. Thanks in advance.
Having the same issue and would like to know how to reboot too since my power button does not work. Might have to just unplug the battery if there's no other choice.

hondamitch51

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring ; 2016 CRV Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Having the same issue and would like to know how to reboot too since my power button does not work. Might have to just unplug the battery if there's no other choice.
You should still be able to re-boot by continuing to hold the audio [power] button down for several seconds. It seems as if the audio button is not working, but if you hold it down long enough it will ask you if you want to re-boot. Just say yes and it will take a few minutes for the re-boot. I had to do this several times on my Touring and it always fixed the issue. Good luck!
Sponsored