Sup_Devil

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Pilot, S2000, 2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Did the place also have an extra rear glass to heat shrink the film on because that's why most places say either remove the spoiler or it will be done in multiple pieces.

I did the spoiler removal at home so I could know it was done carefully/correctly and put back together correctly after the tint was done.
Yes they did... The owner was sending me pictures of it while they worked on it. They had a spare glass to use so it was perfect. The owner actually has a red CTR. Pretty cool. Also in their shop was full of Lamborghinis, Ferraris, Porsche so I knew I was in good hands!
Sponsored

Noize

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2017 GTI SE DSG
Country flag
It was a forced add on with my car purchase, but it wasn’t done yet. I’m just supposed to book it in at the dealer to have it done.

Issue is, I just can’t be bothered to because I don’t want the car out of my possession. and I never cared about tint anyway. :/

diskreet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 BMW M2, 550 Spyder replica, 19 R6, 23 KLX300SM
Country flag
$650 OTD for Huper Optik Ceramic 15% for side and rear windows. Owner had a type R and bought a spare rear glass to use as a template. Cheaper tint would put it in the $350 range.

darrvao777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW CTR, '18 G550
Country flag
$532.49

Windshield = Air 80
Rear Glass = Pinnacle 15
Back Side = Pinnacle 15
Front Side = Pinnacle 30

Very happy with the work, they also had the extra rear glass to use as a template (although I thought that was odd since I don't see too many Type Rs in my neck of the woods)

TheFox

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 EX Hatch - SGP
Country flag
$425 for hatchback. Included tinting of the moonroof and removal of rear spoiler, necessary for a high-end custom install of tint. This was for 25% Rayno S5 on all windows except for windshield. There were cheaper places but I only wanted mine done by the absolute best place in my area. Had to wait about 3 weeks to get in. I wanted flawless perfection and I got it.

mattfofatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Hatch- Sonic Gray
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
$220 for rear and hatch 18%, front 35% and 5% eyebrow. They use Suntek Carbon Film on my '19 hatch ex

Honda Civic 10th gen How much you guys paid for tint??? IMG_1363

quakaroaks

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic HB Sp, 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Total: $550
Front Windshield - Airblue 80 ($150)
Rear Hatch Window - Llumar Ceramic 50% ($150)
Front & Rear Pair Passenger Doors - Airblue 80 ($125 ea)

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
$370ish for Llumar CTX 30% all around except windshield.

bugboy32337

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe (MSM)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
just wondering how much you guys paid for tint on your type r? I was quoted around 260 for every window and hatch. Just wanted to see if this is a good price
I paid about $300 for Llumar Ceramic, 30% tint on all windows, and an additional $20 for 5% on the sunroof.

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
One factor that affect cost, is if the shop needs to hand Cut, or if they have a cutting machine to cut from stored patterns.

Cutting manually required quite high skills, if it is to be done well and accurately.
A shop with the machine (which is not cheap), at least shows they are invested in the business.

I picked a shop with a good reputation, a machine for cutting, and put money into a the highest heat reflecting material. They did an excellent job -- I closely inspected every window and edge, and I could not find even one small area where they had miss-cut or miss aligned.

D & L Window Tinting
https://www.dltinting.net/

DRFTMYTAIL

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
$1000 for Dub IR for all windows/windshield including lifetime warranty in case I get pulled over from local police for being too dark. Meaning they will remove the front two windows and re-install after signed off. All done at Mike's Tint Shop in Orange.

http://www.dubirtint.com/
Sponsored