shikarizulu

First Name
Reiluis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic type R
Country flag
So I just bought a 2019 civic type r with 9,041 miles on it, specially I’m coming from a Hyundai Veloster 2013 N/A (it definitely doesn’t drive the same 💀). My type r came with bolt ons already The ones I wanted, but wanted to know around what whp am I making specially it did not come with hondata which I will buy later (I don’t know if the car was tuned before). As well I don’t know any other mods the previous owner put and I don’t know how to check for more. For the ones that are listed is the ones I see

PRL intake
PRL Tubro inlet with racing MAF housing
PRL Intercooler with the charge pipes
GReddy Supreme SP – HG
Sponsored

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
If you have a race MAF without being tuned for it, the car would run pretty rough. Anyway you wouldn’t gain any whp over stock with those mods without a tune. The ECU uses torque targets and will adjust to factory ones so you’re likely making what a stock one makes even with those mods without a tune

OP
OP
shikarizulu

shikarizulu

First Name
Reiluis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic type R
Country flag
If you have a race MAF without being tuned for it, the car would run pretty rough. Anyway you wouldn’t gain any whp over stock with those mods without a tune. The ECU uses torque targets and will adjust to factory ones so you’re likely making what a stock one makes even with those mods without a tune
So let’s say it’s tuned because it does drives perfectly fine just doesn’t have hondata, how much hp would it be making ? Oh as well there’s white smog that some out from the exhaust

Last edited:

wildbilly32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Porsche C4S 19 CTR #24184 19 Volvo XC40 R
Country flag
So let’s say it’s tuned because it does drives perfectly fine just doesn’t have hondata, how much hp would it be making ? Oh as well there’s white smog that some out from the exhaust
Enough wheel horsepower, but the "white smog" is not right. I would be more worried about the "white smog" than WHP...

I don't think anyone will be able to guess whp for you, because it would be just that...a guess which is pretty much useless.

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Enough wheel horsepower, but the "white smog" is not right. I would be more worried about the "white smog" than WHP...

I don't think anyone will be able to guess whp for you, because it would be just that...a guess which is pretty much useless.
White smoke? Yikes. I’d get that checked out asap.
Whp I’d guess 320-330 on a basemap

OP
OP
shikarizulu

shikarizulu

First Name
Reiluis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic type R
Country flag

I think it’s happening because this one rubber part connected to a hose on the engine thats broken which makes it run lean not sure what’s the part called but only cost a few dollars but at the moment it is getting fixed by the dealership

Rfabianfk82020

First Name
Rence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
Without a tune, you’re pretty much on par with stock. It might just breathe better with the exhaust. But that’s a good pick up if you like the mods that came with it and hopefully it’s running smooth. Always a gamble getting a car that’s modded. They’ll obviously tell you “everything is fine”. Buy Hondata ASAP

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
Youre probably not making much power over stock because of how these ECUs work. As mentioned above, Hondata would be your next step if you actually wanna feel significant gains.

SperryCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Using a race MAF without a tune will mess up your fuel trims. Definitely get a Hondata asap and adjust that.

OP
OP
shikarizulu

shikarizulu

First Name
Reiluis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic type R
Country flag
Using a race MAF without a tune will mess up your fuel trims. Definitely get a Hondata asap and adjust that.
How can I tell if it’s tuned? Or even jailbroken ? Because maybe they did have hondata or probably not and got it tuned on a dyno, but tbh it does drives nice no problem or nothing wrong when I floor it feel fast to me even though I never been in an actual stock type r so I can’t tell 💀

SperryCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
How can I tell if it’s tuned? Or even jailbroken ? Because maybe they did have hondata or probably not and got it tuned on a dyno, but tbh it does drives nice no problem or nothing wrong when I floor it feel fast to me even though I never been in an actual stock type r so I can’t tell 💀
Well even if it was tuned, whoever sold it probably reverted it and untethered the tuner before he sold it to you. Without doing that he has a useless $700 handheld electronic device. You’d have to load it up on Hondata to see if it has a calibration currently installed. I don’t know how else to check otherwise. Definitely don’t ask the dealer to check lol. There are donkeys out there who get the race MAF and don’t tune it so you never know.

speedyserg

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type R
Country flag
White smoke is probably a fuel issue/rich
I would do a few things before you hurt the motor
Get it tuned and check your intank fuel filter assembly
When you run ethanol the stock fuel filter can break down and clog your injectors
Once clogged they may get stuck open and youll be spitting raw fuel into the chamber and out the tail pipe.....this would also ruin your cat very very quickly

If you get a good ethanol tune which is the best bang for your buck on this platform - get the Ultimate Racing fuel filter bypass assembly and fuel regulator setup - its about 900 total but will keep your fuel system clean, flow more fuel and save your motor from popping.

With just a tune these cars can make 330-360whp pretty easily
The #1 thing they need is fuel followed by boost - stock motor can take 630ish whp pretty well - stock turbo quits around 450whp

Get your issues straoghtened out asap - that fuel filter clog is no joke

OP
OP
shikarizulu

shikarizulu

First Name
Reiluis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic type R
Country flag
White smoke is probably a fuel issue/rich
I would do a few things before you hurt the motor
Get it tuned and check your intank fuel filter assembly
When you run ethanol the stock fuel filter can break down and clog your injectors
Once clogged they may get stuck open and youll be spitting raw fuel into the chamber and out the tail pipe.....this would also ruin your cat very very quickly

If you get a good ethanol tune which is the best bang for your buck on this platform - get the Ultimate Racing fuel filter bypass assembly and fuel regulator setup - its about 900 total but will keep your fuel system clean, flow more fuel and save your motor from popping.

With just a tune these cars can make 330-360whp pretty easily
The #1 thing they need is fuel followed by boost - stock motor can take 630ish whp pretty well - stock turbo quits around 450whp

Get your issues straoghtened out asap - that fuel filter clog is no joke
How could I check what is the white smoke it’s not a head gasket issue or anything like that it only happens sometimes either when I start up or maybe when I’m driving but rarely don’t know what it really is maybe the fuel like you said

As well there’s a rattle I have underneath the driver side, it happens when I’m in low rpm’s around 1k to 2.5k or when I’m turning I know it can’t be the transmission, I just don’t know what it is
as well for the past owner they broke the plastic underneath and the front lower engine cover the metal one should I really focus on getting that as well?

23Red

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 FK8, '06 AP2
Country flag
How could I check what is the white smoke it’s not a head gasket issue or anything like that
Compression test.

As well there’s a rattle I have underneath the driver side, it happens when I’m in low rpm’s around 1k to 2.5k or when I’m turning I know it can’t be the transmission, I just don’t know what it is
I have that same rattle lol. It's really noticeable with the A/C on so I narrowed it down to that. One of these days I'll chase down the culprit.

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Compression test.

I have that same rattle lol. It's really noticeable with the A/C on so I narrowed it down to that. One of these days I'll chase down the culprit.
See if there’s an aftermarket RMM installed.
Sponsored